PDA

View Full Version : Moving to NL

CT11
09-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Hi all,

I currently play PP .5/1.
I am looking to expand to another site to try some really small stakes NL. Because I'm a limit player (and not great at that either) I wanted to start NL with minimal impact on my BR.

The main reason I want to expand to NL at all is because my local group plays NL home games and they dont have too much interest in limit.

I have a few questions I was hoping I could get help with.

Is playing really small stakse NL educational at all? Will it help me for home games and higher(than super small) stakes NL?

Does anyone here have advice for a limit player starting out in NL?

Thanks

~CT11

amoeba
09-13-2004, 03:40 PM
I don't know about micro limit NL (nickel/dime blinds).

Like you, I played party .5/1 limit for a while. I found that I didn't like the game that much and that my tight agressive style wasn't suited for limit play.

So I cashed out and then tried out Party NL 25 with only $100 bankroll. I seem to be doing ok and the rate is definitely better than playing limit for me. I found the game easier to crack.

That said, party does have a higher blind to buy-in ratio than other sites. I like it because it makes steals/preflop raises worthwhile for me but it might not suite your style.

kayaker
09-13-2004, 04:13 PM
You could always try Ultimate Bet. They have .01/.02 and .05/.10 NL tables. If you're comfortable, they also have .10/.25 NL tables. The action is pretty good, as the players are typically very loose.

I've been playing the .10/.25 NL tables at UB, and just started the NL25 at Party (.25/.50 blinds). The PP tables scare me a bit, as the players seem better than the .10/.25NL players at UB. But as it's a different level, that's not surprising.

Just find a level where you're comfortable and start playing. You'll be moving up in no time.