PDA

View Full Version : Was offered a trade in my FFL. Good? Bad? Ugly?

LondonBroil
09-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Getting:
RB Fred Taylor
RB Marshall Faulk

Giving:
RB Brian Westbrook
WR Marvin Harrison

My other RBs are Domanick Davis, Tiki Torch Barber, DeShaun Foster, and Lee Suggs.

My other WRs are Randy Moss, Isaac Bruce, Justin McCareins, and Deion Branch.

1 pt. per 10 rushing/receiving yards, 1 point per reception, and 6 points for rushing/receiving TD.

I destroyed my opponent yesterday thanks to Davis putting up a good 30 points and all my other players getting 10-20 points. Not sure how long Westbrook can last though. Giving up Harrison would be rough, but I can always start Moss, Branch, and Bruce/McCareins if I have to (or my TE McMichael who also looked good in week 1)

SossMan
09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
I like your team now.

Faulk/Taylor is too risky a starting combo IMO (injury wise).
D.Davis and westbrook both look good yesterday, and your receivers are monsters.

Easy E
09-13-2004, 08:03 PM
I don't know what you're gaining by this trade and someone may sit out the entire Bucs season.

I don't know much about FFL trades, but this one isn't an obvious slamdunk. I remember something David S. posted once about "why is the other guy willing to sell?"

ftball0000
09-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Don't do it because, you will end up having to sit Davis, and start Bruce. Personally, I would rather have Davis starting than Bruce, plus then you get injury concerns of Faulk and Taylor, too much of a hassle for giving up a guy like Harrison.

Do try to trade Bruce, after his big game sunday, and tiki for an upgrade at RB, it looks like Dayne is gonna be part of the offense this year. That and I've never liked tiki /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

-Ftball

pudley4
09-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Don't do it.

Unless you have a very weak supporting cast, it almost never makes sense to trade a superstar (Harrison) for 2 good players.

You'd also be getting 2 players with a history of injuries (you really think Taylor will play all 16 games for the 3rd year in a row?)

I would try to move Bruce, if anything.

johnd192
09-14-2004, 11:21 AM
No. You have two stud receivers Moss and Harrison. Use them.
Taylor is a risk, Faulk is not the Faulk of 3-4 yrs ago.
Try to get a true stud back if you give up Harrison.
Ahman Green or Ladanien Tomlinson or of course Priest.

Gambit
09-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Don't do the trade, IMO.