PDA

View Full Version : Big pot - bad fold?????

JinX11
09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
This hand has left me confused for a while now....I have no idea what I should have done on the turn/river. Was afraid that it was going to end up capped on the river and, frankly, even a 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif beats me.

Pot is huge - is it worth trying to call down, even at risk of having to call four more BB? I also couldn't help feeling like something was fishy when the maniac folded to one more bet on the river and the winner didn't show and left the table soon after.

MP2 is uber-LAG (80/20); CO is loose (35/5), as well.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (25.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 32.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 31.66 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to CO.</font>

bpb
09-13-2004, 02:34 PM
You're getting somewhere between 8:1 and 15:1 on your call, depending on whether its 3-bet/capped. Sadly, I don't think your hand is good even at 15:1. The CO woke up with a 3-bet on the turn when the 3rd heart hit. Given that, plus the action on the river, I think your fold was correct.

All-In
09-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Unless this was a very loose and crazy game then it was a good fold.

Barry
09-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah the fold by MP2 looks really wierd.

Absent that (and assuming normal players), it sure looks like MP2 has QQ w/ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif and CO has something like AxK /images/graemlins/heart.gif or even KJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

On the turn I think that a bet is fine as you shouldn't always worry about the flush. It's a tough laydown on the river, but again, probably the right play when it's 2 bets to you.

I suppose that you could write to support and ask them to look into this hand for you. Did you notice any other wierd plays between the 2 of them?

JinX11
09-13-2004, 03:06 PM
There was a bunch of oddness at this table, but I fear sounding like a sore loser by writing Support and/or accusing collusion. I'm not sure what recourse there would be.

Generally, I got the feeling the maniac just enjoyed betting up pots - he was dropping money at a rate of 107 BB/100 hands. Some of his better PFRs were 43s, J5o, and 72o. CO was playing any ace, any face, any connected, and any two-gap.

Is raising the turn or betting the river even a consideration? I figure by checking the river, I basically communicated, "I give up - I ain't got a heart - please bet and take it."

It's funny - I've seen scenarios similar to this in hands I am not involved and have seen my hand walk away with the pot as noone had the flush card. Makes me think back to this one and wonder....

Fnord
09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I suppose that you could write to support and ask them to look into this hand for you. Did you notice any other wierd plays between the 2 of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

Tough fold, I made a similar once myself and it was painful (but I saw their cards and have the peace of mind knowing it was a good laydown.)