PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper is overrated...

pudley4
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM
I mean, come on - a QB rating of only 147.1? That's a long way from the perfect 158.3.

And he only ran for 25 yards? And threw for under 250???

And did you see the turnover he had...wait...I mean, how about that audible...wait, that turned into a TD...How about that left-handed pass that was intercep...oh yeah, that was Jake Plummer.

Nice game Daunte /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Utah
09-13-2004, 11:56 AM
He had a good game - wow!! I think that should get him in the Hall of Fame.

I mean, combine that with his winning driving in last years Super Bowl..oh, wait.....he didnt go to the superbowl......oh, wait....he didnt make the playoffs last year......oh, wait......he didnt make the playoffs the year before either......oh, wait....his record was only .500 last year....oh wait, he single handedly destroyed the Vikings two years ago....oh, wait....he has the best receiver in NFL history, great runners, and an offensive line.

daryn
09-13-2004, 12:29 PM
aww come on

The Dude
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Ole!

pudley4
09-13-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He had a good game - wow!! I think that should get him in the Hall of Fame.

I mean, combine that with his winning driving in last years Super Bowl..oh, wait.....he didnt go to the superbowl......oh, wait....he didnt make the playoffs last year......oh, wait......he didnt make the playoffs the year before either......oh, wait....his record was only .500 last year....oh wait, he single handedly destroyed the Vikings two years ago....oh, wait....he has the best receiver in NFL history, great runners, and an offensive line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the biggest Culpepper critic there is, but after bashing him so much I thought I should give him credit for an extremely well-played game.

adios
09-13-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm the biggest Culpepper critic there is

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you have a rival. Culpepper's at least a good enough QB for the Vikings to win a Superbowl IMO. It's the other pieces that have to fall into place. I picked the Vikings to go to the Superbowl but I'm not rooting for them to /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Boris
09-13-2004, 04:36 PM
His touchdown dance. That thing has got to be stopped.

Utah
09-13-2004, 04:40 PM
The Vikings D is simply terrible. Vinny shredded them with ease.

ohkanada
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
I am a big Viking fan and I can't say I was overly happy with the Defense. But tbe Cowboys only scored 17 points.

3 on the initial drive.
7 of it in a terrible drive in the final 30 seconds of the 1st half.
7 on the drive that started on the 30 yard line or so after the big kickoff return.

Ken

Clarkmeister
09-13-2004, 07:02 PM
"he has the best receiver in NFL history"

Are you confusing Culpepper with Gannon?

daryn
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
are you confusing best with oldest?

i just wanted to get in on this thread

Utah
09-13-2004, 07:07 PM
I thought someone might take issue with that. lol.

Who would you rather have in his prime - Moss or Rice? That is a tough one. I would probably take Moss. Rice was never as dangerous as Moss. Rice also had a lot of things going for him that Moss doesnt have now.

NLSoldier
09-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Ill take Moss and its not close /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Clarkmeister
09-13-2004, 09:15 PM
"Rice was never as dangerous as Moss."

Are you crazy? He had a 22 TD season once and he only played 12 games in it!

His highest TD season higher than Moss' highest: 22 vs. 17
His highest Reception season higher than Moss' highest: 122 vs. 111
His highest Yardage season higher than Moss' highest: 1848 vs. 1642
His highest YPC season higher than Moss' highest: 20.4 vs 19.0

Moss is nice, likely one of the best ever, but he's more comparable to Marvin Harrison than Rice.

Utah
09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Was Jerry Rice double and tripled teamed every single play in 1987? If so, I stand corrected. However, that 1987 team had a lot of weapons and maybe the best QB ever.

Its always hard to compare. What would Moss have done on that 87 49ers team.

Moss is in no way comparable to Harrison. Moss is way better. Harrison cannot destroy a team like Moss can.

benfranklin
09-13-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His touchdown dance. That thing has got to be stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well, at least he has destroyed another racial stereotype.

benfranklin
09-13-2004, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Rice was never as dangerous as Moss."

Are you crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about Moss in an automobile.

Dynasty
09-21-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And did you see the turnover he had...wait...

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

SomethingClever
09-21-2004, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, that 1987 team had a lot of weapons and maybe the best QB ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what really chaps my hide? Every time someone starts talking about how good Rice is, someone else says, "Yeah, but he had Montana."

And every time someone starts talking about Montana, someone else says, "Yeah, but he had Rice."

ddollevoet
09-26-2004, 10:17 PM
70 fumbles in 69 games...

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 10:30 PM
He's talking about Moss in an automobile.

Ahahahahahaha.

Moss has to play for another few years to define his level of play. Rice had a very high peak and a very long period of excellence. He's Roger Clemens. Moss has played 6 seasons. He may be edging into Sandy Koufax territory, but it's a different kind of career trajectory.

IrishHand
09-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I'd take a Rice in his prime over Moss in a heartbeat, just as I'd take Harrison over Moss today. (We're talking about single season here, not to build a team since Moss' age gives him a big leg up in that regard.) Moss' admitted tendecy to take a massive number of plays off each game - you know, those ones not run for him - as well as his criminal tendencies and general idiocy betray his ridiculous talent level.

The Rice/Moss debate is a joke - Rice's performance, both short-term and -long, crush Moss', to say nothing of his Super Bowls. And trying to penalize Rice for his supporting cast is just mindless. Moss is the primary weapon of the Vikes and has been for several years. Rice was always one option among many good ones. It's a lot harder to produce consistently in Moss' situation than it is in the former. Just look at Harrison the past three years.

Which brings us to ol' Marvin. That guy is as close as it gets to a perfect WR in the NFL right now. His routes are crisp, his hands like they're covered with stick-um, his attitude outstanding. A young WR would do well to study tapes of Harrison in action - his play at that position is simply phenomenal. I'll take a guy like that over Moss any day of the week - as would most NFL coaches, I suspect.

Daliman
09-27-2004, 09:20 PM
defense helps. LOTS.

Daliman
09-27-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"he has the best receiver in NFL history"

Are you confusing Culpepper with Gannon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Change "best" to "talented", and you'll get little argument. GOnna be awhile for "best", if he cares to be.