PDA

View Full Version : 2 Game mental swing

Toro
09-13-2004, 10:48 AM
What a terrible Sunday! No local football because the Patriots played on Thursday and I don't bet games anymore so the interest level on the other games just isn't there.

But we're watching anyway(Jets/Bengals) and we get an early Yankee score. So mentally I got the lead down to 1.5 games because I know the Sox are a cinch to beat the Mariners after they beat them like drum the night before.

Wrong! Btw, nice pitching Baltimore.

dmk
09-13-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, nice pitching Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eat me. Cabrera just had an appointment and wanted to get his 100 pitches in asap...

Fkin lousy pitching...

andyfox
09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
You've really got to work hard to walk Derek Jeter three times. Had they held the Yankees in the top of the 9th, they probably win, since Gordon would most likely have come out and they wouldn't bring in Rivera in a tie game on the road.

Were I a Red Sox fan, I wouldn't worry so much about catching the Yankees. (And the Yankees shouldn't worry whether they finish first or second.) Yeah, it would be nice to win the division and have home field advantage, but it's not all that important. Just make the playoffs; they're both in good shape for that right now.

Now if I were Oakland, I'd be a bit more worried. The Angels are only two games back.

nolanfan34
09-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah, no worries Sox fans. Check out my mini trip report from yesterday's M's/Sox games. They looked a bit road weary, but were a lucky break or two from winning yesterday as well.

After a day off, with Pedro on the mound tomorrow, they'll be firing on all cylanders again.

They do get to play those damn dirty Yankees soon...

andyfox
09-13-2004, 12:09 PM
The Sox pitch Pedro Martinez in their next scheduled game. The Yankees pitch Brad Halsey in their next scheduled game.

'Nuff said.

Boris
09-13-2004, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now if I were Oakland, I'd be a bit more worried. The Angels are only two games back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oakland's not worried. They are the better team.

daryn
09-13-2004, 12:28 PM
what a homer /images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
09-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Oakland: 715 runs scored; 631 runs allowed; Difference: 84
Anaheim:745 runs Scored; 659 runs Allowed: Difference: 86

Seems like a toss-up to me.