PDA

View Full Version : No Deals in Stars $215 Sunday Tourney

Toro
09-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Anyone watch the end of this tourney yesterday. When they got down to 4 players and again at 3, a deal was solicited. But Pokertorsken did not want any part of it. He kept saying stuff like "we play till we die".

He had the big stack at the time and was super aggressive and kept going all-in pre-flop to steal the blinds. I wasn't really rooting against the guy because he was kind of entertaining but i knew he was going to bust out with this style of play.

He did, finishing 3rd, his stupidity costing him tens of thousands of dollars.

The 2 players left standing quickly made a chip count deal after he was eliminated. I'm not saying you should always make a deal, but you should at least listen to what they are proposing. And of course don't play like a kamikazi if you don't deal.

whiskeytown
09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
yes...I have fond memories in my 10 buck tourney of this...

we're down to 4 and three of us want to discuss it, but 4th player says "NO" - cause he's chip lead in what's becoming a crapshoot -

he was also too aggressive, and he died in 3rd when chip stacks were 700000/700000/200000 - (me being the 200000 stack) -

pretty much cemented me in 2nd...but hey...what can ya do...LOL

RB

Skjonne
09-14-2004, 04:06 AM
It needs to be said that Pokertorsken is swedish for The Poker Cod

That might explain a thing or two

Toro
09-14-2004, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It needs to be said that Pokertorsken is swedish for The Poker Cod

That might explain a thing or two

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny because the guy thought he was a Poker god . His comments during the final run were hilarious.