PDA

View Full Version : This play is fun...in the right spot.

TripleH68
09-13-2004, 06:29 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

UTG loves to semi-bluff. Also has shown a penchant for betting into the pre-flop raiser. I have layed down to his bets a couple times in the last hour, so I felt this was the perfect place to use this play. Oh and I had just enjoyed that post about KQo UTG. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 6.66 BB. </font>

Grvnhigh
09-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Nice when it works, expensive when it doesn't. I only like it when you have this sort of a read on a player, and a history of folding to his "weak" aggression. You also have to play overpairs this way, or the move relly loses it's legitimacy.

Also- the pot is tiny. We're here to win money, not see how many hands we can win. Use sparingly.

Bigdaddydvo
09-13-2004, 07:42 AM
looks like you smoked an AJo that he limped in with. nice semibluff