PDA

View Full Version : Auto Shufflers

Puddle
09-13-2004, 04:45 AM
I was just looking for some info on the auto card shufflers for the holdem tables. Anybody use or played on a table with the Deck Mate from Shuffle Master. If so how many hands per hour do they increase? whats the reliability like and do you have to use a specific type of card so they won't jam. Any feedback or links would be appreciatted

thirddan
09-13-2004, 05:25 AM
you might try a search for shufflers, if i remember correctly andyfox made a post about them about a week ago...

jar
09-13-2004, 11:51 PM
When I was at foxwoods last weekend, someone asked the dealer about the weird gizmo in the table. She told us that they were automatic shuffle machines. Apparently they tried them out on a few tables, and haven't used them since. They jammed often, and took time to shuffle, so on hands with no flop, you'd have to wait longer than a hand shuffle would take for the next hand. The players complained, so they ditched them.

Rick Nebiolo
09-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Check out the following link to a recent thread:

http://tinyurl.com/4y4zp

~ Rick

bigfishead
09-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I work at Horseshoe Tunica. We have 3 in use now. It's been at least a year and I love them. The jamups do happen but only takes me a second to fix. Often while betting is still going on so no biggie then I just hand shuffle 1 time. Most importantly they must be serviced once a week and dealers must place cards in machine squarely and with smooth edges. Kem cards are in use here.

I also tend to say that I can easily get 3-4 more hands out per 1/2 hr down. So it can be worth about $6 hr raise to me. I wish we had them on all tables. BTW...I aint slow.

I recently spoke to a friend who runs a room in California and ALL 12 or so of his tablse have them. He too loves them.

My hands are not sore after 8 hrs with these. Dealing can actually be physically demanding on the back, hands, wrists. Especially on large tables with players that wont push chips forward. So any help like these machines is appreciated.

jmark
09-14-2004, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My hands are not sore after 8 hrs with these

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point, I never thought about it from a dealer's perspective. One cardroom in the bay area here has them built into the tables, very cool. I only play 3/6, so there's never a chance for the blinds to chop and it speeds up the game.

bigfishead
09-14-2004, 06:48 PM
my case is a little unusual as I was stabbed a few years ago in the hand and had to have micro-tendon surgery. The fingers dont work perfect and just get sore. So maybe I am being a "little" bit of a puss. But others like it for the same reasons.

haakee
09-14-2004, 07:15 PM
When they installed a few of them at Garden City in San Jose the floorman said it added about 2 hands per hour. I would've guessed more than that, though.

slavic
09-14-2004, 09:33 PM
The muck put 3 in, 2 in Low Limit tables one in the 20 game. At the mid limits it helps a good deal. I've seen only 1 deck change/ new setup in 20 hours of play, and that was because a card hit the floor. On the lower limit games the only thing that will speed them up is guido breaking an arm every time a player ponders an $8 call in a $200 pot for 3 minutes, then takes off his hoodie and glasses and stands up to call.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-15-2004, 02:03 AM
In my limited B&M experience I've really liked the machines. They speed up the game and the dealers seem to like them as well, because they get more in tips from the extra hands. In Vegas, a red light meant the dealer would pop the machine open, pull the cards out and put them back. No problem. At Canterbury, the dealer had to yell out "Red light on table x!" and wait for the floor. Thia happens relatively rarely, and he can hand shuffle for a bit, but its a pain to have to have the floor fix the dang thing.

But my all time favorite reason is that players much less often call for a deck change or setup. At the 4/8 at Mandalay, a guy asked for a deck change and was reminded that the deck changed every hand. He was kind of a surly ass, so a few of us took turns asking the dealer for a deck change just before he pressed the little green light on the shuffler. He always obliged by changing the deck immediately. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

steamboatin
09-15-2004, 08:26 AM
At the Gold Strike in Tunica this weekend, the guy next to me asked for a deck change, jokingly IMO, and the dealer called for a setup, thinking he was serious. He assumed everyone knew the machine changed decks every hand.

The funny part was, many of the players at the table, didn't realize the decks alternated and the dealer had to stop and explain it to them when he cancelled the request for a set up.

jmark
09-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Wow that's the kind of opponents I want -- ones that don't even notice that the deck goes from blue to red and back again.

MaxPower
09-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Only at Foxwoods. At every other card room I've heard of the players, dealers and management all love the shuffle machines.

The Foxwoods room is poorly run and the people are poorly trained. Of all the places I have played, Foxwoods is most in need of these machines because the dealers are very slow and make too many mistakes.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I was shocked to hear that anyone didn't love the machines. The cardroom makes more money, the players see more hands and the dealers get better tips. It's win-win-win (except for the fishies, whose money disappears faster).

emp1346
09-17-2004, 06:32 AM
now if only i could get my cardroom to get these... and while they're at it dealers who understand the game and pot-chopping...

oh to dream...

Cazz
09-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Where on the table are these usually installed?

I'm asking because a local card room has them
nearly dead center of the table, just a little
bit to the dealer's right. It is right where
the #6 seat (10 handed) would like to place his bet.
On TV I saw one that was much closer to the dealer,
almost between the dealer and the #10 seat.