PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10 (6 Max). Whose the monkey?

MVicuna
09-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi,

I'm taking another shot at 5/10. This time in the 6 max games. I've noticed they have a bit of a tendency to Cold Call with any hands you would see limp at 1/2. This is either very profitable for me or them. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $7.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Three random hands and KTo. I'm pretty a raise here is right.

Flop: (6.80 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

4 Handed on a loose table. I probably have the best hand and 8 outs if I'm behind.

Turn: (6.40 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Ugh. The stop-n-Go. I raise here for the free showdown, or to see if I need to make my str8 to even think about calling.

River: (10.40 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

He didn't 3 bet the turn after I raised 3 streets. Am I supposed to really put him on the nut str8 here? I figured it was a split pot or one of us is a monkey.

Dylan Wade
09-13-2004, 02:59 AM
I don't really like the turn raise. I'd call though. His play indicates there's a small chance you'll get a free card, and if three bet, the pot will be so huge that you have to draw for your straight anyway.

On the river, it's either a split pot, or he's a monkey, OR he slowplayed AT.

I think it's more likely that he'd slowplay AT this way than he's is to just spew chips on the river with a worse hand than yours. It's most likely a split pot, but when it's not, it's more likely he's ahead than you are. I think raising once is a good idea, to get a bet out of a set, but the cap is wrong. This is a common thing in Omaha....it's only a small mistake here though. If there was no cap, it would be an ugly re-raise.

joker122
09-13-2004, 03:03 AM
If you post this in the heads up/shorthanded forum you'll get more/better responses.

5/10 6max is my usual game right now so I'll tell you what I think.

Preflop - this would be a fold if it weren't for the poster, but because of him you have extra inscentive to try to get it folded around. So I like the raise.

Flop - Standard

Turn - the stop and go here is likely a newfound heart draw. I also raise here because it's likely you're still ahead and you have outs if you're not.

River - just call his 3bet. Your most likely chopping so capping doesn't gain you anything (actually, you lose money by capping because of the higher rake) and if he did in fact play AT like this (the only hand that beats you) you're losing an extra bet. Capping this river only loses you money unless he's a complete idiot. I'll say QhTh or JhTh for his hand.

David BB
09-13-2004, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop - this would be a fold if it weren't for the poster, but because of him you have extra inscentive to try to get it folded around. So I like the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold KTo on the button in a four handed game?

joker122
09-13-2004, 02:06 PM
You're right - I didn't realize it was 4 handed and I thought he was 2 off the button.

MVicuna
09-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Hi,

This is why I expect 5/10 6 max to be very profitable in the long run... Villian turns over Q2o. I'm not sure why the call after I cap. I've never capped on a bluff and I never will. Maybe its a flaw in my game...

Thanks,
MarkV.

kyro
09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
I don't like the river cap, but trust me, he's the monkey regardless of the results. He posted blind and dead from UTG? FOOL!

joker122
09-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Welcome to 6max.