PDA

View Full Version : Watching Dick Cheney

andyfox
09-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Just watching Dick Cheney campaign on C-Span. (Yeah, I know, I need to get a life.)

He seems to hate the back-slapping part of it. Very uncomfortable. Looks like he'd rather be having a heart attack. But he does well when speaking in front of people on a more formal basis. What he's saying is a bunch of crap, but he says it effectively. (As opposed to Kerry, who, when dishing out shovelsful, isn't very effective, and Bush, who isn't very articulate.)

He'll do well in a debate against Edwards.

Zeno
09-13-2004, 02:08 AM
I saw Dickie Boy on some C-Span thing more than a month ago. It was some Town Hall meeting (He and his wife were on stage) or other such silly setup etc. He can handle himself fairly well with a limited crowd and in an informal situation but he is a bit stiff. He is quick, intelligent, and would stomp most in any debate. That doesn't mean he would come across to all as a great candidate or even the winner of a debate because the winner in any debate is almost always based on emotion, presentation, use of buzz words, what kind of tie they wear, and other esoteric stuff.

I think Dick Cheney is, at least partly, a misanthrope. I can see it in his eyes. Thus, I like him. This is one reason why I’m voting for Bush - aside from God telling me to that is. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

wacki
09-13-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think Dick Cheney is, at least partly, a misanthrope. I can see it in his eyes. Thus, I like him. This is one reason why I’m voting for Bush - aside from God telling me to that is. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but disturbing thought process none the less.

Zeno
09-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Wacki,

Mostly a joke stemming from another thread. Silly stuff really, best to ignore it.

-Zeno

ChristinaB
09-13-2004, 07:24 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/images/user/3/jesusbush.jpg

http://www.democratsforum.com/graphics/abb_small.gif