PDA

View Full Version : ITM up, ROI down

reecelights
09-13-2004, 01:04 AM
To make a long story short, this week I was 36% ITM but lost money. I know exactly why financially: 3 first, 4 second, and 8 third out of 41 SnGs on Party 10/1 PL. I used to average 4-3-3, now I'm more like 2-3-5.

Obviously I need to close it out more, but can't easily recognize a leak other than not paying full attention to the game early because of how tight I'm playing (around 20% flops by level 4).

I have Poker Tracker. What should I examine to try to figure out why I've barely been squeaking in the money?

Is it possible I'm playing too tightly for the level and sight I'm at? I've read AleoMagus' guide, but haven't yet figured out what to do when I don't catch any of them preflop, or how to play when I miss the flop. It also feels as if I'm getting less action when I play ultra tight and aggressive, and am having a hard time establishing a decent chip lead.

OK...maybe not a long story short. Advice?

Chuck

reecelights
09-13-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm also a bit disheartened by the 20% of my finishes in 4th place so far this month. 5th through 10th have been about 43%

Jman28
09-13-2004, 01:18 AM
I would look at your agression short handed, which usually is the problem when you have both more 3 and 2 finishes than 1.

That said, 41 SnGs is a fairly small sample and it is possible that you have been playing fairly well and are on a bad streak.

Maybe look back and post some hands on the board.. especially hands late in the tourney.

Jman28
09-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Interesting about the 4th place finishes... I have a lot of 4th place finishes because of agression on the bubble, but it leads to a lot of 1sts also..

I've never played PL SnGs, but I'd assume it's similar.

Post a hand or two.