PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox vs. Mariners 9/12 trip report

nolanfan34
09-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Having already seen my alma mater Washington State University football team lose on Saturday, 20-12 to Colorado (in a game where Colorado had 130 total yards of offense vs. the Cougs 400+), I figured I'd add insult to injury by watching the M's and Red Sox on a nice Seattle Sunday afternoon.

My wife was with me, and not thrilled to go to the game. No, not because she hates baseball, but because Nomar was her favorite player (pretty much solely because she thought his OCD routine was funny), and she's still pissed that he was traded.

Anyway, Red Sox fans, I like your chances the rest of the way. Yes, they got shutout today, but I saw a team that was playing loose and having fun out there. They hit the ball hard off of Meche a number of times, and if Boone doesn't make a spectacular play to rob Manny, then it's a whole different ballgame.

Lowe also looked good up close, the ball Ibanez hit was really the only one hit hard all night. It was crushed, but the rest of the "hits" including Ichiro's were the bloop/squibbler types.

The Sox looked quite tired though. With a day off, back at Fenway, I think they're going to get red hot again right off the bat.

andyfox
09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
86-56, 3rd best record in baseball. They've scored more runs, and given up fewer, than the Yankees. Clearly the team to beat, right now, in the AL.