PDA

View Full Version : Just a hypothetical

sfer
09-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Playing live 5/10 with RustedCorpse, sthief09, and a cameo from BottlesOf this hand went down. UTG limp, UTG+1 raises, 1 coldcall, I fold 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, sthief09 folds, terrible blinds call, UTG calls.

In a 10 SB pot 5 ways, the flop is Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. It turns out Josh had 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He turned to me and said, "I'm would have been open ended. I don't know how I would play that." I thought folding was best for a single flop bet.

Thoughts?

sthief09
09-13-2004, 12:22 AM
personally I'll usually see the turn with that if it's one bet. I'm also seeing the river for one bet if (a) the pot is somewhat big, (b) no one has shown a lot of aggression, and (c) the flush didn't come

joker122
09-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Why can't you just play this like a 6 outter? What am I missing? The chances of drawing dead are minimal. Admittedly, there's always going to be a redraw for many people if you hit on the turn, but in this large pot I don't see how folding the flop for 1 bet can be correct.

sthief09
09-13-2004, 12:38 AM
on the turn, if no one has woken up, then it's a 6 outer. on the flop, you have 6 outs to hit, but the river will be a 4th of the suit around 1/5 of the time.

Richard Berg
09-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Call 1 bet on the flop. I think you can play it just like a 5-outer that's easily counterfeited, except you're less likely to put in the bet yourself (as you might with bottom pair depending on relative position).

Trix
09-13-2004, 05:11 AM
You will very often have 6 good outs on the flop and someone will very often try to draw at the flush on the turn, so you have 6 outs which will be good around 80% the time they come in on the turn, so treat it like a 5 outer on the flop. The good thing is that you can fold as soon as you miss the turn in most cases, so your implied odds are good as long as someone dont have a made flush.

If I was in the BB with this hand and the SB had raised preflop, then I prolly wouldnīt call a bet with a pot of the sam size as itīs very likely to get raised behind btw.

We cant love the relative position had you coldcalled in this hand either, but neither blind probably wont check-raise the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, since they are terrible. UTG may CR a set, a flush or A /images/graemlins/club.gif,Jx(depending on how he plays).
The pot is kinda sweet for what I would consider to be around a 5-outer, so I guess I would call, despite my sucky position. Others will most likely come along too.

bakku
09-13-2004, 09:04 AM
but the river will be a 4th of the suit around 1/5 of the time.

where did you get 1/5 from?

sthief09
09-13-2004, 10:15 AM
10/46, so 1/4.6... I just pulled the 1/5 out of my ass