PDA

View Full Version : Huck One Player I Admire Most!!!

08-04-2002, 07:34 AM
This is a story that happened about six months ago. Huck had just dropped down from the high limits to the 15-30 game. 3 young kids walked up to the table and laughed at Huck saying aren't you Huck Seed playing 15-30 laugh laugh. Huck sat there not saying a word and continued to play poker. After that day my respect for Huck Seed has grown. Sometimes every professional player has a bad day. Look at Tiger Woods. How tough do you think it was just for him to sit there. I am sure he wanted to pound them out but he could not. Huck will make it back to high limits again. Give him time and he will prove me right. How many people congradulate him every day. This must get sickening after all the tournaments he has won. He has one thing on his mind which should be and that is playing larger.

08-04-2002, 07:51 AM
hosh,

where are the massage parlors that dont have old ladies?

08-04-2002, 11:15 AM

08-04-2002, 11:16 AM

08-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Well love him or hate him.

His problem (ego aside) is that he got tied up to his backers.

Maybe the way out is to play with only his own money which will take time.

He really needs to behave better.

08-05-2002, 03:41 AM
Who really cares if Huck plays high or not??? Who is to say where someone really belongs? There's a ton of short run luck in poker and the short run is a lot longer than most people think. I didn't know that people were ordained to play high. Most high limit players without external incomes eventually go broke because they play without a large enough BR. If you assume the 400 bb needed to play in a game, do you know how long it takes to play 15-30 even to get up to 30-60, let alone 75-150? Assuming you are living on your poker earnings, you would have to SAVE 48k after starting with 12k to move to 75-150. That's not easy to do. Most players don't think this applies to them and move up too quickly and, as probability would have it, go broke and whine.

Most of the working pros play at 15-30 up to 75-150, above that is tremendous variation and only for the very select few. Those with great skill and lots of $$$ behind them as well.