PDA

View Full Version : Poker Chip Wholesalers

weekapaugz
09-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi guys -- I lurk in the strategy forums a lot and have truly learned a lot from them. I'm looking for some help on another topic now. I'm interested in maybe getting something small going in my location selling some poker chip sets, and I was wondering if anybody here is a little more knowledgeable as to where one purchases chips and chipsets wholesale. I'm interested in the composite chips or the 9G clay. I see dozens of almost clone sites selling the same sets, and they claim they manufacture the chips themselves. There has to be something behind this, so if anybody here has a little info, I would be much obliged.

Also, I didn't know which forum to put this in. I was going to put it in "other" but it was mostly politics and sports. If anybody can help, I'm grateful. Thanks!

weekapaugz
09-13-2004, 06:09 PM
bump...please?

Packerfan1
09-13-2004, 07:49 PM
www.thepokerchipcompany.com (http://www.thepokerchipcompany.com) has excellent quality products (I ordered custom chips from them) and has a wholesaler program. Not sure of minimum production or anything.

FWIW

Pack

HRFats
09-13-2004, 07:52 PM
I am one of those dealers you mentioned but I import from China. Almost no one manufactures these in the US. They all come from China. The problem for a small operation is that you have to order a inimum of 200 sets of the same chipset from these manufacturers. If you want to carry ten different sets, that's ALOT of chips! Plus you have to wire cash to China. The ten sets of 200 will cost about $100,000. Ever wired $100,000 to some unknown company in China? I recommend buying from a US based company (importer). You will pay a little more but the upfront cash required is VERY low and many will allow you to pay with a credit card which is so much safer than a bank wire. PM me if you want some contacts in China and/or the US.

Untamed302
09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Try this site out, they explain how thier chip is constructed.
http://www.all-inchips.com/

CDH