PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury (morning/evening)

Thythe
09-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm probably heading out to Canterbury tomorrow morning for awhile. Just going to play some low limits (probably 2/4), does anyone know if the games are considerably tougher from 10AM-3PM or so. I assume it's a little more difficult than the evening, but that the play will still be relatively bad?

Andy B
09-12-2004, 09:25 PM
There is no point at which a Canterbury $2/4 game gets tough. Because of the high rake, it may not be beatable for a whole lot, but there are usually lots of games going, so you can pick and choose.

Thythe
09-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah thats kind of what I figured. The night games wouldn't be too much more beatable due to the high rake too then I assume? I figure as long as I'm nearby (in town for the week) I should give some of the games a go even though it probably won't be as profitable as my normal online games. I also haven't played much limit (mostly NL) so that's why I'd play such low stakes.

Andy B
09-12-2004, 10:56 PM
I don't know what your comfort level is, but $6/12 is usually the most beatable game in the room. The rake drops to 5%, still capped at $4, and the players tend to be loose and passive. I have been in a couple of tight games lately, but only a couple. YMMV.

banditbdl
09-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Play is pretty much Charmin soft all day everyday at Canter bury. If you have the bankroll seriously consider playing higher than 2/4, as the play doesn't really get a whole lot better at least up to and including 6/12, and the rake change makes a HUGE difference. As far as the 10am goes, this isn't the greatest time to be there as you suspect as the club is the most dead once the overnighters clear out around 4-5am until folks start coming in after lunch again.

bicyclekick
09-13-2004, 02:47 AM
Hell I think the 15/30 might be one of the easier games quite often. No, I'm not joking.

The 6/12 is generally a good game too. 2/4...blegh! super rake punishment

Thythe
09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. I ended up playing $3/$6 for a few hours and came away up just $7. Almost everyone is just a calling station with calls like 50-70% preflop. Extremely easy games even though you'll get drawn out on occasionally. I played pretty tight and still no one respected my raises which is fine by me.