PDA

View Full Version : Sample Size Man

arkady
09-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Anybody here have any thoughts on who the identity of SSM is? I have always been a rather curious individual so the elusive identity of our own personal sample size man is obviously killing me. Perhaps I can dip into the brain power of fellow SS posters and we can crack this mystery.

Oh yeah dude don't come around and deem my post :

POINTLESS

Also, you are prohibited from replying to this post and throwing everyone off by suggesting someone else other than you. *pause* Lord, thats confusing.

bobdibble
09-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Its cnfuzzed.

There are 4 clues that lead to this deduction. First of all, I compared the type face for posts by cnfuzzed to those left by the Sample Size Man. Clearly there is a match!

Second, has anyone ever seen Sample Size Man and Cnfuzzed in the same place at the same time? Exactly!

Third, Cnfuzzed has that little purple side kick, as any super hero of Sample Size Man's caliber should. Need I say more? Well I will!

Forth, Cnfuzzed is one of three posters to use the phrase "I deem..." within the last year, and the other 2 posters don't have that acrid style that both Cnfuzzed and Sample Size Man share!

And so, the case has been solved.

arkady
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
excellent detective work!

sthief09
09-12-2004, 08:19 PM
bisonbison
bdk3clash

those are my 2 guesses

afk
09-12-2004, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bisonbison
bdk3clash

those are my 2 guesses

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's bisonbison. I remember him saying some time that he's spent time on the somethingawful.com forums, in which case he would understand how unfunny and tiresome gimmick accounts are... unless he's the guy behind it all over there.

GimmickAccount
09-12-2004, 10:20 PM
I must register my resentment of this characterization of Gimmick Accounts in the strongest possible language.

Please do not paint with such a broad brush.

Coldly,

GimmickAccount

joker122
09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Damnit...a whole new identity we have to solve. Thanks alot, whoever you are.

arkady
09-12-2004, 10:33 PM
oh just great! lol

Malcom Reynolds
09-12-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody here have any thoughts on who the identity of SSM is?

[/ QUOTE ]Oh I can see your brilliant plan now! I can see right through you! This message is meant to throw the suspicion off of yourself! This message proves the identity of sample size man to be...

ARKADY!

Keep your bluffing on the table!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arkady
09-12-2004, 11:01 PM
I am not that clever nor am I that twisted. Hehe /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdk3clash
09-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I assure you that I am not Sample Size Man, and I am not saying that as a bluff.

I have, however, contemplated creating a "Read 'Winning Low Limit Hold'em' or 'Internet Texas Hold'em' Man" to respond to beginner questions that indicate the poster hasn't even read a beginner's hold'em book. Besides, there's a beginner's forum. I guess it's a blow to one's ego to post there, even if it's appropriate.

sfer
09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have, however, contemplated creating a "Read 'Winning Low Limit Hold'em' or 'Internet Texas Hold'em' Man" to respond to beginner questions that indicate the poster hasn't even read a beginner's hold'em book. Besides, there's a beginner's forum. I guess it's a blow to one's ego to post there, even if it's appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer chuckling to myself as I think about how much better the experienced Micro forum player is than most of the really green newbies. I never understood why the rush to get to 2/4 is so great. Party 0.5/1 for 20k hands gives you such good experience.

Also, I am not Sample Size Man although I think half of New York thinks it's me.

arkady
09-13-2004, 12:09 AM
I am one of the few people that know ur not SSM. Just from one post where u replied something that made it quite clear to me that it was not u.

If its not brad either that only really leaves bison.

arkady
09-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Previous suspicion was correct, mystery solved - case closed.

JDErickson
09-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I am Sample Size Man

really I am

GimmickAccount
09-13-2004, 07:16 PM
No, I am Sample Size Man. I confess. I didn't want to tarnish my solid reputation as a Gimmick account by deeming sample sizes INSUFFICIENT so I created a duplicate account. I'm sorry and I won't do it again.

With Contrition,
Gimmick Account

sfer
09-13-2004, 07:18 PM

GimmickAccount
09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
No, actually, I confess. I am Spartacus. I didn't want to tarnish my solid reputation as a Gimmick Account by leading a slave rebellion against our evil Roman overlords. I'm sorry, and I won't do it again.

With repentance,
Gimmick Account

cnfuzzd
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
spell the name correctly, otherwise Err will come to your house and drink your beer.

and no, i am not anyone but myself, although occasionally when in an altered state, Inignot hijacks this account and posts some strange stuff.

peace

john nickle