PDA

View Full Version : How are you suppressing the black vote in your neck of the woods?

eLROY
09-12-2004, 05:12 PM
It just seems silly that all us Republicans know we're all planning to suppress the black vote in our own states and counties. But since we're *not allowed* to talk about it, none of us really knows what exactly this means to another.

So I thought maybe we could use this thread as a way to exchange ideas, and make sure we're all up to speed on the best methods, timing, where to put our resources, and what not.

busguy
09-12-2004, 05:25 PM
If this is an attempt at humor . . . you failed miserably.

If you are serious . . . you would probably find a more receptive audience at www.kkk.com. (http://www.kkk.com.)

/images/graemlins/mad.gif busguy

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I think just the standard measures will apply.

Make sure the polling places were the majority of black voters vote, are understaffed, maybe have a machine or two that isn't even working, make sure the staff takes its time checking out the credentials of every voter very carefully, no matter how long it takes.

Since most Black Voters have jobs such that they can't really take time off and vote, they will probably wait until after work to vote. Make sure the polls don't open to 10:00am and have a lot of the polls close promptly at 5:00pm. Then make sure all the other polls close exactly on time, no matter how long the line is of Blacks waiting to vote.

Zeno
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Citizens run polling places and are usually volunteers and both Republican and Democrats must be in attendance. So first off the Republicans must gun down [we are the only ones with guns so this part is easy and is part of the conspiracy of why the assault weapon ban will not be renewed] the Democrats and any independent or Green Party personnel etc. Once this is done and the bodies stashed away, we can then impose all sorts of draconian measures on people that may not be voting for Bush. Like insisting on pre-registration to vote if that is required, a proper Id, and a signature that matches up to voting rolls.

You can also give bogus instructions to non-Bush voters thus invalidating their votes. The hard part, of course, is identifying quickly and on sight only, the non-Bush voters. Perhaps a psychic at each polling location would be useful in pointing them out. Perhaps some profile of what a non-Bush voting looks like, acts like, how they walk and talk etc would be useful also. Extensive classes could be given in profile identification and then harassment of non-Bush voters. Perhaps the republicans could use some secret stealth technology to switch the majority of Kerry votes to Bush votes, thus avoiding the more brutal and obvious tactics of violence, harassment, and cruel polling hours that will always weigh heavier on non-Bush voters as opposed to Bush voters. This perhaps would be a better tactic.

-Zeno

El Barto
09-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Lets not suppress the vote, voting is a civic duty. I personally want to encourage all liberals to get out and vote on November 3rd.

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't think they are worried about supressing the non-Bush voter. They are supressing the Black voter. If the two Blacks that would have voted for Bush get caught up in the mess, oh well.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
09-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Installing friendly partisan companies in public offices at taxpayer expense and giving them access to private records to do enormous searches of records funded with public money to single out anyone with a name that even sounds like it might possibly be the same as that of a felon and then summarily declaring them unable to vote, but not letting them know it till they show up at the polls, will work fine, just like last time. If many thousands of mistakes are made, again, that's a price worth paying. More than ever.

Also, lots of intimidating police presence -- dogs are always a nice touch -- especially in neighborhoods that often feel under seige by police, should work again this time too.

mmbt0ne
09-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Just so you know, the only states where the polls close before 7pm local time are Hawaii, Indiana, and Kentucky, which all close at 6pm. Crap, some states even stay open til 8 or 9 at night. Maybe I can just leave early and turn off the light and everyone will think there's no one home.

Ray Zee
09-13-2004, 12:38 AM
up here in montana they just take him out parying late the night before and he sleeps in.

Duke
09-13-2004, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

up here in montana they just take him out parying late the night before and he sleeps in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

~D

vulturesrow
09-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Zeno,

Well based on the findings of the US Civil Rights Commission vis a vis the 2000 election in Florida, I recommend the following steps:

1)Live in a county (remember the county controls the ballot preparation and voting procedures in my home state /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) controlled by Democrats. The USCCR found that that 24 of the 25 counties with the highest spoilage rates were controlled by Democrats. (Number 25 was run by an Independent /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

2) Pretend to be a white guy. Whites were actually twice as likely to be placed on the felon purge list than blacks.

3) Be a convicted felon. Turns out the biggest problem with the felon purge list is that it allowed ineligible individuals to vote, that by Florida law, shouldnt have been allowed to vote. The number given is about 6,500.

4) Probably the best thing to do is make everyone who you want suppressed Hispanic vice Black. Three violations of the Voting Rights Act were found in Florida. There are indications some poll workers were hostile towards Hispanics, bilingual assistance wasnt provided to two Haitian voters, and some other Hispanic voters were denied bilingual assistance as well. Make sure you do this only if you are in Democratically controlled county. These events didnt happen in Republican counties.

There you have it, an easy 4 step guide to suppressing the black vote.

Chris

sameoldsht
09-13-2004, 11:17 AM
We can suppress the black vote by only bussing in white drunks and bums (ooops I mean "homeless people")and bribing them with $5 or a six pack to vote Republican. I know the bussing thing is a leftie idea from 2000, but it worked for them...

tanda
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
I too have always wondered why it is that this "black vote suppression" occurs in juridisdictions controlled by Dems but Rs get blamed for it.

But, don't you know that it is racist to use facts and logic to rebut allegations of Republican racism? Cut it out!

tanda
09-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately, it is not a humorous situation. The Republican Party is continually defamed with no facts or logic to support the accusations.

These heavily black districts subject to "vote suppression" are politically controlled by ... Democrats!

Yet, Republicans get the blame for the alleged suppression.

Knockwurst
09-13-2004, 03:06 PM
In case you forgot, Ed Rollins himself admitted to paying off leaders of black churches to supress the black vote in Christine Todd Whitman's first run for Governor of New Jersey.

busguy
09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
appologies

probably should have waited for a few responces before wading in . . . but was so taken aback when I read the header that I didn't think for a minute that this may be an actual topic of debate in Presidential races.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif busguy