PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Election Bombing

GWB
09-12-2004, 07:48 AM
They bombed Spain before their election.

Now they have bombed the Australian Embassy in Indonesia before both the Indonesian and Australian elections.

AUSTRALIA'S FORTITUDE (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=106&ncid=742&e=4&u=/nypost/20040910/cm_nypost/australiasfortitude)

Does anyone doubt they will do it here, if they can?

andyfox
09-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Your "they" is precisely why I will not vote for you.

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Why do you refuse to honestly name the enemy?

"They" = Islamist terrorists. Islamism wants the world to be plunged into a new dark ages of Shari'a -based fundamentalism. We are engaged in a battle for civilization which our free, open, secular, mercantile culture must win to survive.

I, for one, have no problem with speaking the truth even if it offends somebody else's PC concept of cultural relativism.

daryn
09-12-2004, 12:57 PM
bad reason not to vote for a guy.

like my boy jay severin says, not all muslims are terrorists, but lately, all terrorists are muslims.

jokerswild
09-12-2004, 01:25 PM
The invasion of Iraq dramatically improved this possibility. It failed to track Al Queda, while increasing the number of willing Islamic fundamentalists. Hosni Mubarak stated that the invasion of Iraq created 10,000 new Osamas. The only reason the Republicans continue to lie about Iraqi links to Al Queda prior to 9/11 is because they believe that if they lie often enough, then the public will believe it. Perhaps they are correct in this assumption. It does, however, violate the precept of the Presidential oath.

bigpooch
09-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Can we make a few bucks on this? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Cheney's recent statement of A Vote For Kerry Was A Vote For The Terroists was to me, a terroristic threat. Maybe we need to insure someone else takes the place of these thugs between the time Kerry wins in Nov. and is sworn in Jan. Who can trust what these immoral thugs will do?

I watched the PBS summary of the 9/11 commission hearings that they re-aired a few days ago.

Three things really stood out:

1) After the two planes had hit the Towers, and they realized a third plane was on the way to Washington, low level (national security-wise) FAA officials and NORAD was struggling with the decision on scrambling fighters to intercept. Where was Rumsfield? The decision to protect Washington had fallen by default on a FAA controller.

2) Later Cheney gave the orders to shoot down any more hijacked planes. Not the President, not Rumsfield, not the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I think it was at Karl Rove's suggestion, that about 20 minutes later, Cheney called the President and let him know what they had done and that the order had been given.

3) In a later conversation with Rumsfield, in talking about the shoot-down order, Cheney reports they have already shot down a couple of planes. Wouldn't these have been commercial airliners filled with innocent civilians? Cheney has no emotion, in fact, seems kind of proud of it.

In conclusion, The Administation was very ill-prepared to deal with a threat long before 9/11. It never held any high level meetings for months on threats (something the Clinton admin did on a daily basis). During 9/11, the President ran and hid on Airforce One, flying around the country, while low-level staff made decisions without guidance. THIRTY MINUTES after the Pentagon Crash, Rumsfield was heard remarking that they could possibly use this as an excuse to attack Saddam.

Charge these rascals with treason, and run them all out of the country. Let's put some people in there capable of setting aside their own interests for a moment, and actually protect the HomeLand!

Jimbo
09-12-2004, 04:14 PM
1) Not sure of your point here, difficult to make a decision prior to being informed of the exact situation.

2) Here is the correct quote:

[ QUOTE ]
"Pursuant to the president's instructions, I gave authorization for them to be taken out," Cheney told Rumsfeld, who was at the Pentagon. Informing Rumsfeld that the fighter pilots had received orders to fire, Cheney added, "It's my understanding they've already taken a couple of aircraft out."

[/ QUOTE ]

Your account was not quite accurate but I'll admit it does make for some good liberal propaganda.

"Cheney's recent statement of A Vote For Kerry Was A Vote For The Terroists "

Talk about a misquote! You could at least use the correct words and take them out of context like the majority of the media.

3) Again this is the applicable portion of the report:

[ QUOTE ]
Later, Cheney spoke to Rumsfeld via videoconference. When the vice president said the orders had been relayed to the jets and "a couple of aircraft" had been downed, Rumsfeld replied: "We can't confirm that. We're told that one aircraft is down but we do not have a pilot report that they did it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you are able to find an emotion resembling pride in a written statement.

Perhaps you should have recorded the PBS summary so as not to make so many mistakes.

Jimbo

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 05:04 PM
1) 45 minutes after the plane hits both towers, Bush is scrambling to fly to destinations unknown on Airforce One, Rummy hasn't seen fit to go to the War Room yet, and Cheney hasn't been evacuated from the White House to the Bunker. In the meantime, the FAA and NORAD is debating if they should scramble fighter jets to try to intercept the 3rd plane they have determined is heading for Washington. Basically it was up to the senior official of the FAA on duty at the time to make this National Security choice.

2) Cheney gave the shoot down order, then 20 minutes later called the President about it (after being prompted to do so by Rove). What don't you understand?

3) Thanks for the exact quote. "It's my understanding they've already taken a couple of aircraft out." Period. Those would have been a couple of innocent civilian filled aircraft, wouldn't they? So did Cheney have some inside information that they were all filled with liberals, or is he incapable of any emotion towards the loss of life?

I also question the fact that Cheney gave the order. My understanding that the President or Rummy would have been the appropriate source for such a drastic command.

Jimbo
09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2) Cheney gave the shoot down order, then 20 minutes later called the President about it (after being prompted to do so by Rove). What don't you understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a selective memory. Please read the report and you will see that you have made a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Bush and Cheney told the commission that they remember the phone call; the president said it reminded him of his time as a fighter pilot. National security adviser Condoleezza Rice, who had joined Cheney, told the commission that she heard the vice president discuss the rules of engagement for fighter jets over Washington with Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

And

[ QUOTE ]
Only later did White House Deputy Chief of Staff Joshua B. Bolten suggest that Cheney call Bush once more to confirm the engagement order, according to the commission. Logs in Cheney's bunker and on Air Force One confirm conversations at 10:18 and 10:20, respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 05:26 PM
"Only later did White House Deputy Chief of Staff Joshua B. Bolten suggest that Cheney call Bush once more to confirm the engagement order, according to the commission. Logs in Cheney's bunker and on Air Force One confirm conversations at 10:18 and 10:20, respectively."

Precisely, Bolton was worried about 'confirmation' of the shoot down order, since it had originated from Cheney. So the calls at 10:18 and 10:20 were to keep the President informed of what Cheney was doing since he was the one actually in command, it appears.

Meanwhile, Fearless Leader was flying from Louisiana to Iowa, similar to the role he played protecting the Texas/Oklahoma border from invaders during the Vietnam War.

I don't think Rummy had seen fit to get to the War Room yet at this time.

Jimbo
09-12-2004, 05:30 PM
I see you and Rooster are from the same pack.

Adios,

Jimbo

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 05:40 PM
No. Just that Bush has made "Protecting Us From Terrorists" the foundation of his campaign. Well, I've seen the Bush Administration in ACTION, attempting to protect us.

1) They did not prepare before 9/11. Bush spent his time in Crawfordsville. The daily National Security Briefings Clinton did hadn't been done in months.

2) The day of attack was a CLUSTER F*CK. The President ran with his tail between his legs. Rummy didn't think the Pentagon getting hit was important enough to go to the Command Center War Room. Fighter Jets were scrambled without information what the target was ... etc.

3) Bin Laden is still laughing. Rummy was wanting to go after Saddam 30 minutes after the attack. If all the Iraq resouces were thrown at Afganistan/Pakistan where ever else Bin Laden wanted to hide, would he still be out there?

4) Iraq has made the Middle East more unstable, caused more terrorism, and has shifted major resources from the problems at hand.

Nope. If Bush wants to run on "Who will protect America", then great! A pack of boy scouts with proper adult supervision could come up with better plans and strategies, and probably be better at carrying them out.

Bez
09-12-2004, 06:17 PM
No doubt if they can. I honestly believe if the violence around the world keeps escalating, eventually countries may start to through out all the Muslims just to be safe and people will vote for such measures. These terrorists mess things up for fellow Muslims as well as everyone else. Tossers.

Abednego
09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Perhaps if he read the 9/11 Commission report rather than watch a tv show about it he'd be better informed as well

cardcounter0
09-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Yes, because the report gave such glowing remarks and praise to the job Bush and Co. did.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Abednego
09-12-2004, 06:40 PM
4 more years

andyfox
09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
The problem for me is that Mr. Bush does not know who they are.

jokerswild
09-13-2004, 01:26 AM
The only one talking about doing it is Dick Cheney if the Republicans lose.

adios
09-13-2004, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem for me is that Mr. Bush does not know who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

adios
09-13-2004, 01:39 AM
You'd make a better candidate than Kerry and I'm being serious. At least that issue would be debated if you were the nominee. Kerry and the DNC only want to talk about the Nam era.

adios
09-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Probably not.

andyfox
09-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Last night, I saw Mr.Cheney assert that Mr. Bush saw that Saddam Hussein was a growing threat to us because of his ties with Al Qaeda and the fact that he used WMDs against the Kurds and against Iran. (He conveniently left out any time-frame for these activities.) So either Mr. Cheney is not telling the truth or Mr. Bush has the wrong "they."