PDA

View Full Version : AK crucified, some thoughts?

Zim
09-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Hi, all has been going well ... but I have a few holes in my play (lol, thats an understatement) and this one a Mack truck could probably drive through.

The sites I play at, I can`t do a hand converter ... so I`ll try to approximate the format as best I can:

No Limit, .25/.50 table, $50 Max (10 max, 10 handed)

Fred ($35)
UTG+1 ($40)
UTG+2 ($80)
MP1 ($65)
MP2 ($25)
Bob ($50)
CO ($40)
Button ($35)
Hero (SB) ($50)
BB ($40)

Preflop : Hero is SB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Fred calls $.50, Bob raises to $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, Fred call $2.00

Flop($6.50): 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets $6.50, Fred and Bob call.

Turn ($26.00): 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets $26.00, Fred (all-in) and Bob call.

(hero thinks he messed up here)

River ($104.00): K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero isn`t quite sure what to do, bets $10, and Bob calls

Results:

Fred wins Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

(Bob had A/images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

Yes, I know that was very stupid of me. But I`ll try to explain what was going through my head ... though I`m not sure its gonna help my case much.

Preflop: reasonable, I think. If you can`t play AK ... what can you?

Flop: My knee jerk reaction was to bet the pot. I put my opponents on a flush draw. Perhaps this was a bit presumptuous...

Turn: No help, I figured another pot sized bet should probably discourage any further action. Sadly, I was mistaken.

River: Well... I dunno. They didn`t get the flush draw, so I thought I might have them beat with top pair ...

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Z.

B1GF1SHY
09-12-2004, 04:08 AM
I don't like both of them smooth calling and would put at least one of them on the flush. No way I'd bet the pot on the turn, maybe 1/2 pot but most likely I'd check to them and pick a better spot to take their money.

Zim
09-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks BF,

I figured had I checked the turn, I might be giving them a free card ... but that was assuming they were on a flush draw.

You`re correct, there is plenty of opportunity to profitably play TPTK.

A flushed board in EP is not one of them.

Thanks for the feedback,
Z.