PDA

View Full Version : 1st Party 2/4 session...how is this play?

DeathDonkey
09-12-2004, 03:24 AM
Read on opponent in this hand was total LAG preflop, somewhat passive and predictable postflop. There isn't a point where I can ditch this is there?

Thanks in advance,
DeathDonkey

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Yeknom58
09-12-2004, 03:41 AM
If he's passive post flop why in the world are you 3 betting the flop or leading the turn?

I probably wouldn't have ditched that hand but I wouldn't have given so much action.

MarkL444
09-12-2004, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There isn't a point where I can ditch this is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but Im not 3-betting the flop.

Alobar
09-12-2004, 04:06 AM
betting into him on the flop is good, you want him to raise and cut down the odds for the other players. 3 betting him tho I think is a mistake. Especially if he is predictable postflop.

DeathDonkey
09-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Well it seems unanimous that the flop 3 bet was no good (though I think some people are focusing on the word "passive" and ignoring the "somewhat" as well as the more important "preflop LAG"). Here is my question though...if I shouldn't 3 bet on the flop, I am basically saying "ok your hand is better than my pair of Queens with King kicker". If this is true, shouldn't I just fold? I have 5 outs to improve, some of which may be tainted. Is the play then to just call his flop raise and check/fold the turn w/out improvement? Why should I call this down if I can't confidently 3 bet the flop?

-DeathDonkey

Danenania
09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Because sacrificing an extra one or two bets when you think you might be behind is a whole lot different than sacrificing the entire pot. You need much more evidence for the latter.

DeathDonkey
09-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Eh maybe I was overaggressive in my first session, which is funny because I thought I would be too weak since I'm still seeing the bets as dollars and not just bets.

Anyway he had AK of clubs so I was behind the whole way and drawing dead on the turn.

Thanks again,
DeathDonkey