PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite Sportscenter Anchor?

Sooga
09-12-2004, 01:59 AM
I like Steve Berthiaume... those Scarface impressions just crack me up.

nolanfan34
09-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Scott Van Pelt, and it's not close. Back in the day in college, I did an internship at The Golf Channel. I can honestly say Van Pelt is one of the funniest people I've ever met. Just hysterical. When I left the internship, I knew there was no way he wouldn't be on ESPN someday.

He had some pretty damn funny Tiger Woods stories too.

Zeno
09-12-2004, 02:34 AM
I only recognize two names, Chris Berman and Dan Patrick.

People actually watch that show? Why? All the scores and stats are on the internet.

-Zeno

ThaSaltCracka
09-12-2004, 05:08 AM
Neil Everett has been cracking me up lately, so he gets my vote, but I also like Van Pelt and Kenny Mayne. Linda Cohn is underrated, IMO.

Wahoo91
09-12-2004, 09:02 AM
I listen to Mike and Mike (Greenburg/Golic) in the morning every day for 40 minutes on my way to work.

Mike Greenburg is not *great* but he makes my mornings somewhat bearable so he gets my vote.

gonores
09-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Where is Mike Hall? I didn't want to vote for him....just wanted to see him up there with no votes.

If I don't outearn him this year (he "won" a $95k, 1-year contract), my year will be a failure.

B00T
09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
I looked at the poll and thought of Van Pelt. Then I saw the first response here and saw I wasnt alone.

This guy is great, he is good enough where you may not recognize him out of a group by just being a solid anchor. If you listen for him, and hear some of his remarks you realize he is great.

GuyOnTilt
09-13-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm guessing that Stuart Scott is winning and probably will win. Everybody's in heterosexual love with him for some reason... Anyway, off I go to vote for Van Pelt! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

Moozh
09-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Kenny's the man when it comes to dry humor, my favorite kind. Still, I'm not sure if he really counts as an anchor any more.

Moozh
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
On the topic of Mike Hall, did anyone else watch the auditions and think that Aaron Levine (and Zach) were much better than Mike? On the final day, Aaron doubled Mike's score in the Jeopardy section and then was silky smooth in his anchor bit. I have to say I think the only reason Aaron didn't win over Mike was because he was Asian (and I'm a white guy in case anyone cares).

jagoff
09-14-2004, 02:05 PM
I wish I could remember which anchor says it but it is one of my favorite lines from the Tenacious D CD "It's levitation Kyle I got the power...to move you". Usually says it when a outfielder goes jumping over the wall to rob a dong off of someone.

lil'
09-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Sportscenter is dumb these days. Now everybody has to have all these stupid catch phrases everytime someone hits a home run, and they're not even funny. "Hey, spank my baby, that ball is OUTTA HERE." They have all these "web gem" nominees and all that crap.

Just report the damn sports news. It was better when it was a half hour long.

Geez, I sound like an old fart.

Edge34
09-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Zach was more entertaining than all of them, and Kornheiser kicked him off because his hair was too long.

Meanwhile, Mike Hall has been assigned to late-late-night and "special reports" duty. When I saw this guy win, I cringed. Thank God he's not doing the prime-time - most annoying of all the finalists.

Kenny Mayne would get my vote if he were actually an anchor anymore. Scott Van Pelt gets it as the only actual anchor deserving of it. Stu Scott is a close second.