PDA

View Full Version : who are the ROY's?

Sooga
09-12-2004, 01:39 AM
NL is probably gonna be a tight race... Jason Bay obviously has the best numbers, but he doesn't have a ton of AB's... is it Khalil Greene instead? Kaz Matsui?

AL is probably gonna be tight too, but it's probably gonna be just between Bobby Crosby and Lew Ford, although Shingo Takatsu has certainly pitched very well.

If I had to vote today, I'd go with Bay and Crosby, though you could certainly persuade me to change either of my votes.

nolanfan34
09-12-2004, 01:46 AM
No, Bay and Crosby will probably be it. If the Pads manage to snag the wild card somehow, then maybe Greene. He's really a great player. Plus, he's easily a member of Bill Simmons' Reggie Cleveland HOF.

J.R.
09-12-2004, 02:41 AM
lew ford is ineligible for the AL ROY.

hutz
09-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I don't follow the minors (American League) very closely, so I'm not qualified to vote. My NL vote would go to Jason Bay. I think the low number of at bats could be argued in his favor when you look at the production he's squeezed from them. The guy can hit! A good case can be made for Greene, who has fielded a key defensive position very well and who has shown some pretty good stick while playing a full season. Either one would be a fine choice.

mmbt0ne
09-12-2004, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, Bay and Crosby will probably be it. If the Pads manage to snag the wild card somehow, then maybe Greene. He's really a great player. Plus, he's easily a member of Bill Simmons' Reggie Cleveland HOF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, I can't believe someone else just referenced the Reggie Cleveland HOF. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw him on TV. "WHAT!?! That Khalil guy's white!!"

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-12-2004, 12:08 PM
LOL. I remember having a similar reaction watching an NFL game a few years ago when I got a look at Bronco's D-Lineman Rulon Jones.