PDA

View Full Version : Hey All

08-03-2002, 07:43 AM
Just noticed this forum. I've been hangin' in Vegas for a couple of weeks now--'cept for a short jaunt to LA. Been hoping to meet some of you guys(I met The Babe, and she is btw, a couple weeks ago at The Mirage). Anyway, if anyone would like to say hi, I've been playin' 30-60 every night(though I may go down to AZ later this week). I'm the one with the sunglasses(duh), goatee, and moccasins. I like the games just fine, I don't mean to sound cocky(and I did run real good for a few days last weekend and into the week), but I don't see where they're as tough as people have made them out to be, of course I've been well educated by all of you and our esteemed authors.

Looking forward to meeting more of you,

Mike

08-03-2002, 06:22 PM

08-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Mike -

I just got back from a quick vegas trip myself. I mostly played 15-30 where I played with somebody who fits your description, briefly, Friday during the day.

Then, Saturday night, I played in a 30-60 game with the same someone (along with Roy Cooke, who was the only player I recognized), until the game broke at like 1:30ish.

The player who fit your description got a call from a house phone, and his name was Michael, because he responded when they paged a "Phone call for Michael ____" (seems like, if I remember right, "your" last name is either Jackson or Johnson).

Of course, I could be wrong.

Josh

p.s. I was the tall 24 year old in glasses and long sideburns.

08-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Hey Josh,

Yeah, that was me playing with Roy all last night(when the game broke we drew for seats). I feel dopey 'cause I can't remember you--what seat? did we play any hands together?

Take it easy,

Mike

08-04-2002, 08:00 PM
30-60 eh? Movin' on up! How are you doing? How's the traffic on I-15?

Hope you're winning.

Michael Low

08-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Any evaluations on Roy Cooke's play?

I might be there in a couple of weekends, mainly for blackjack.

08-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Hi Mike- It was nice meeting you as well. Hope you are killing the 30-60. See ya. Babe

08-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Mike -

I was sitting in seat 4, with Roy on my immediate right. When the game got short, I was the young kid who said I wasn't going to take my next blind (as a result of which, this meant that when I left, the game broke. Never a good sign).

I don't think we played any hands together that night. However, early in the afternoon on Friday, we (you, myself, and 2 or 3 others) tried starting a shorthanded 15-30 game on table 4 (?) (right by the high limit section) and we played 4 handed for a while. Again, I can't remember any specific hands.

Hope the trip goes well, and let us know when you return to LA.

Josh

08-04-2002, 10:57 PM
Michael -

Yeah, the 30-60 was a bit of an improvisation. There were two players in the game that I knew to be a little bit weak, and so I thought "what the heck?". I ended up winning a rack before the game broke.

As for the I-15, well, I have my ways of avoiding traffic. We left thursday night at midnight, got to vegas at about 4:00 a.m., and hence, didn't have much traffic. Coming back, we left Vegas at 6:00 a.m. to avoid the traffic and cars overheating on the return trip.

But, I imagine that driving during the 'normal' hours would be fairly horrid.

So, you still retired from poker? Or you back yet?

Josh

08-05-2002, 07:36 AM
I still don't remember you specifically, but I do remember your "crack-pipe" hand--I didn't watch the play of the hand very closely though I remember the hand, mainly that you(someone raised the turn w/ those 3's and won, I probably knew then that it had been raised preflop. I will let you know about LA, I think that I'm going to AZ later this week.

Take it easy,

Mike

08-05-2002, 07:38 AM
I've been doing pretty well thanks, I'll have to stop by the Mirage soon. Bye.

08-05-2002, 10:02 AM
Still avoiding poker. Won $1820 on sports--betting offshore.

08-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Mohegan Sun Mike?

08-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Nope

08-05-2002, 08:58 PM
the losing total was at -125, not -120--ouch