PDA

View Full Version : Ten by Ten : A Small Wager

GuyOnTilt
09-11-2004, 10:44 PM
My roommate and I will both be attempting to eat a 10x10 (In-n-Out) for the first time tonight. The first one to finish wins. The last one to finish pays. My victorious results to follow.

GoT

Jimbo
09-11-2004, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My roommate and I will both be attempting to eat a 10x10 (In-n-Out) for the first time tonight. The first one to finish wins. The last one to finish pays. My victorious results to follow.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

English only please. /images/graemlins/smile.gif What are you talking about?

Jimbo

GuyOnTilt
09-11-2004, 11:03 PM
What are you talking about?

In-n-Out, a popular burger joint chain in California, will make virtually any burger you ask them to make. A 4x4, my usual burger of choice there, is two buns, 4 patties, and 4 slices of cheese. I always order mine animal style (which means the patties are grilled with mustard and onions and comes with extra spread and pickles), with lettuce, tomato, and no pickles. I plan on ordering my 10x10 with spread and tomatoes only. I think. :/

GoT

Jimbo
09-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the explanation GOT. We have a name for that in Oklahoma as well, it is called "certain heartburn".

Jimbo

Zeno
09-11-2004, 11:29 PM
At first I thought this was some kinky Sex Thread.

But come to find out it is some bland food eating contest.

Go GoT. Hope you win. If you do, celebrate by chugging a case of beer. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

JoeU
09-11-2004, 11:52 PM
You should schedule your angioplasty for next Tuesday. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What does a burger like that cost?, I'm intrigued.

Good luck, and go on an empty stomach!

Joe

Stu Pidasso
09-12-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm fine burgers. Don't like the shakes though.

Stu

GuyOnTilt
09-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Oh boy. That was the first 10x10 I had actually seen and man, that is one big burger. I felt bad when we went to order them 'cause the joint was already swamped with orders and ours alone takes up half the grill. But anyway, we took 'em back to our place, poured several glasses of water for ourselves, and began. I finished mine in 2:55, about the same time my roommate was wiping his mouth and standing with his arms raised in the air in a victory V. /images/graemlins/frown.gif He finished in 2:40, when I still had about 2 average bites left on my plate and a little still in my mouth. Funny thing, neither of us felt full at all after we were done. I could still suck in my stomach quite a bit. Go figure.

Results: I wost. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

GuyOnTilt
09-12-2004, 03:29 AM
What does a burger like that cost?, I'm intrigued.

Our ticket came to $22 and change, including an order of fries for a girl we were with. I forget how much In-n-Out charges for extra patties beyond the typical Double-Double, but I think it's in the area of 80 cents per.

GoT

Duke
09-12-2004, 03:32 AM
10x10? Pedestrian.

20x20 (http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/20x20) .

~D

GuyOnTilt
09-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Pedestrian.

Wow. I'm going to go for a 15x15 now that I know how easy a 10x10 is when eaten quickly. 20x20??? One can always dream...

GoT

The Dude
09-12-2004, 04:57 AM
GoT is grossly overestimating how close our contest came.

I was eating slower intentionally to keep it close. (GoT's a little insecure, I didn't want to send him into depression. Besides, I've beaten him at every other competition we've done - HU poker, minesweeper, 5-in-a-row tic-tac-toe, wrestling, scrabble, and the quintessential game of strategy connect 4.)

However, the joy of out-neandrethaling GoT was outweighed by the ecstacy of eating In-n-Out. MMMM. Good burgers.

GuyOnTilt
09-12-2004, 05:11 AM
I've beaten him at every other competition we've done - HU poker, minesweeper, 5-in-a-row tic-tac-toe, wrestling, scrabble, and the quintessential game of strategy connect 4.

NL HU poker you have most definitely beaten me in twice now. For some reason you refuse to play me in HU limit though. Hmmm... Minesweeper? I somehow remember having the best times in all 3 categories before they "mysteriously" got erased. Since then you're the only one who's played, so it doesn't surprise me you have the highest recorded scores. 5 in a row tic tac toe I have no excuse. I made a horrible play when it was 9-9 and it cost me the game. Wrestling? I can't really expect to win against a guy who outweighs me by 30 pounds and who wrestled varsity in High School. It's hard to win Scrabble against a lucky schmuck who draws a Bingo to start the game and then proceeds to get another one before the game's through. Connect 4 is your game; I'm just learning. It's a little advanced for me still.

Oh, and it seems like you've forgotten about our chess matches that I've thoroughly dominated you in... Interesting...

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
09-12-2004, 05:16 AM
disgusting

The Dude
09-12-2004, 05:25 AM
For some reason you refuse to play me in HU limit though.
Fiction can be fun!!! Any time, anywhere. Best of 9 freeze-outs, we'll alternate between limit and NL. I'll even let it start w/ limit.

Minesweeper? I somehow remember having the best times in all 3 categories before they "mysteriously" got erased. Since then you're the only one who's played, so it doesn't surprise me you have the highest recorded scores.
Yeah, well, my best times since then are better than your times were anyway, so what does it matter? We can settle it, though. We each get 20 mins, and whoever has the best scores wins.

5 in a row tic tac toe I have no excuse.
That's right you don't.

Wrestling? I can't really expect to win...
That's right, because you're my bitch.

It's hard to win Scrabble against a lucky schmuck who draws a Bingo to start the game and then proceeds to get another one before the game's through.
Yeah, well, that might be a valid excuse except that I beat you by way more than the 100 bonus points for my two 7-letters.

Connect 4 is your game; I'm just learning. It's a little advanced for me still.
This is the most accurate thing you've said yet.

The Dude
09-12-2004, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]
You're nuts. 'Beautiful' is more like it.

ThaSaltCracka
09-12-2004, 05:35 AM
dude, I like burgers as much as the next guy, and the 10x10 is impressive, but the 20x20 is [censored] gross( I should have clarified) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Duke
09-12-2004, 05:45 AM
Let me clarify that that isn't me in the 20x20 pics(for those of you who I haven't met). It's just a link I was sent a long time ago.

My 2 biggest in-n-out accomplishments were 8 cheeseburgers once in college, and then 5 double-doubles a year or so later. I don't know how many I could have done if it was only one bun.

At this point I'm a bit older, and my metabolism is slowing. I think that's because I do nothing but sit at my computer. No more "challenges" of that nature for me.

~D

Rick Nebiolo
09-12-2004, 05:58 AM
I like In-n-Out but take away the fresh lettuce and tomato, the grilled onion, the condiments, and the well toasted bun and it is a very small and uninspiring burger.

~ Rick

NLSoldier
09-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Im am SO getting a 10x10 tommorow! All my roomates were for some reason impressed by the three double doubles i ate the other day(which was obviosly effortless and a shake and some fries were required before i was full enough to leave). They are all IN and Out veterans, but I have only been there a few times because i just moved to california from Minnesota. I cant wait to show em up with a 10x10...

GuyOnTilt
09-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Any time, anywhere. Best of 9 freeze-outs, we'll alternate between limit and NL. I'll even let it start w/ limit.

I'd just like to report that The Dude and I settled on a race to 15 series of freezeouts, alternating between Limit and NL. 30 BB Limit, T1k with 10/15 blinds NL. The first two matches were played tonight. I won them both is smashing fashion.

GoT

nolanfan34
09-12-2004, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any time, anywhere. Best of 9 freeze-outs, we'll alternate between limit and NL. I'll even let it start w/ limit.

I'd just like to report that The Dude and I settled on a race to 15 series of freezeouts, alternating between Limit and NL. 30 BB Limit, T1k with 10/15 blinds NL. The first two matches were played tonight. I won them both is smashing fashion.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump, and does the Dude care to comment?

WillMagic
09-12-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm guessing you haven't had in-n-out before...because if you have, your only thought would be that of the dude's.

Will

daryn
09-12-2004, 11:35 PM
ok you lovebirds, keep it at home.

Diplomat
09-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Check out the bill.

...and a small coke.

-Diplomat

daryn
09-12-2004, 11:57 PM
would have been funnier somehow if it was a small diet coke.

Oski
09-13-2004, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
10x10? Pedestrian.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one pathetic bastard. He might as well order a 30x30 and do it "American Pie" style, because he ain't EVER gettin laid.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you haven't had in-n-out before...because if you have, your only thought would be that of the dude's.

[/ QUOTE ] No I haven't, but 10 patties of beef is gross, 20 is...... absurdly sick.

Now, if you want to talk feats, do the century club and beat 164. My friend has done 184.

The Dude
09-13-2004, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and does the Dude care to comment?

[/ QUOTE ]
As sure as I hate the Yankees, I will win this contest - just like every other contest GoT and I have.

Pay no attention to GoT's bravado. He's lashing out in response to the fact that on my wall hangs a trophy of my domination. Although many have been conquered and hang on my wall, GoT's trophy hangs at the center of my display. And now that we share the same office, he has to stare at it for hours on end every day.

So I hope you can understand the bitterness and resentment that cause him to make these posts. He is like the baby brother - angry and jealous at those bigger and stronger than him - who lies to get his older siblings in trouble. That he would take away the freedoms they have that he so sadly does not.

sfer
09-13-2004, 11:25 AM
If you and The Dude smoked more weed you wouldn't have to waste your energy on these silly peen-fests. And then you'd eat like 4 pounds of In N' Out just out of desire rather than some silly wager.

NLSoldier
11-07-2004, 01:56 AM
That fat mess that ate the 20x20 got his story in FHM. (the very latest issue, december). WTF /images/graemlins/confused.gif He says it took him 2hrs to eat the thing. I think I could do it in 10 min. WEAK!

Edge34
11-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Check out the October Maxim - Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Penn. has a 9-pound burger toopped with 12 slices of cheese and two onions. Finish it in 3 hours and its free. Cover charge: $24. Oh yeah, nobody ever has.

Now THAT'S a contest I'd like to see won.

NLSoldier
11-07-2004, 07:24 AM
9 pounds!?!? The 20x20 is only 2.5 pounds. That would be one huge burger man.

Oski
11-07-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out the October Maxim - Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Penn. has a 9-pound burger toopped with 12 slices of cheese and two onions. Finish it in 3 hours and its free. Cover charge: $24. Oh yeah, nobody ever has.

Now THAT'S a contest I'd like to see won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Burger from Denny's Beer Barrel Pub (http://snopes.com/photos/commercials/bigburger.asp)

Bulldog
11-08-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
10x10? Pedestrian.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a couple photos begging to be farked in there...

http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/20x20/8_G

http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/20x20/39_G

Lottery Larry
11-08-2004, 12:50 PM
My god! You never told me you had a twin!

GuyOnTilt
11-08-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm glad someone bumped this thread.

As sure as I hate the Yankees, I will win this contest - just like every other contest GoT and I have.

We did in fact play our race to 15 series of HU freezeouts, and I was (of course /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) won. Or rather, The Dude conceded when the score was 14-6. The plan was to alternate between NL and Limit. Limit was played with 30 BB stacks, NL was played with 1k stacks and blinds of 10 and 15. After I took a monstrous lead in the series, we started playing only limit and were going to only play the rest of the NL matches if necessary. My NL record was 4-5. My limit record was 10-1.

Conclusion: I rule, The Dude sucks.

GoT

slickpoppa
11-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Was anyone else immediately reminded of that scene in Stand By Me when they saw the pictures of that guy eating the 20x20?

beerbandit
11-08-2004, 02:00 PM
what do you mean by that there?

youve do that many shots in the 100 mins?

could you explain this?

thanks

ive always do it as one setup --- 100 shots in 100 mins
a few of us at college were doin this and one of the guys completed the 100 shots in 100 mins with steel reserve (it might be a mich thing) its malt liqour at 8.1%. he was pretty shitted up, had two more reg. beers and went to work at the library, this was at 11pm and the library closes at mid. well i didnt hear about it till the next day but i guess he passed out on the shitter and the security guard woke him up at about 3am and asked whats wrong. he replied "i guess i just fell asleep".

cheers
beer

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
yeah 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes.

Don't use Steel Reserve, that [censored] is disgusting. Go with Bud Light or Coors light. I did 164 shots. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I haven't been that trashed in a long long time. Almost fell into the fire. Fell over in my chair 2 or three times. My buddy has done 184.

slickpoppa
11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Since we are talking about drinking feats now, I have a friend who drank 5 beers in 19 seconds. I wish I could post videos here.

beerbandit
11-08-2004, 02:42 PM
so youve done that many shots in the 100 mins ---

i guess ive never tried to do more --- yeah i think that the light beers would be the best to do it with also

ive ran into some people that think "aww 100 shots of beer in a 100 mins that aint that bad"

but when you do the math for them, they realize that its a few beers in just about an hour and a half

cheers
beer

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 02:50 PM
naw, 164 in 164 minutes.

100 shots in 100 minutes is a lot harder to do then people think. You have to get up a few times to make yourself burp. If you can get past 40, its smooth sailing(for me atleast).

[ QUOTE ]
but when you do the math for them, they realize that its a few beers in just about an hour and a half

[/ QUOTE ] 12.5 beers in 100 minutes.

beerbandit
11-08-2004, 02:51 PM
beer bong maybe?

there were 25' ceilings in the fraternity house i lived in at school. we had a beer bog that exteneded from the balcony with four tubes with a valve switch on each one. the tubes all ran off the same huge pvc "funnel" , each tube itself would hold about a forty. we had a seventies party and there was a gut who bonged 3 of the 4 tubes back to back to back. damn that was a ot of beer at once. he started on the fourth but drank very little of it and had to turn the valve off.

cheers
beer

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since we are talking about drinking feats now, I have a friend who drank 5 beers in 19 seconds. I wish I could post videos here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats crazy. I can chug beer pretty well, but not that good.

beerbandit
11-08-2004, 02:55 PM
it tis'

yeah the stomach starts to get pretty full. ive seen several puke and rallys --- those minutes towards the end, damn they seem like theyre gettin closer together.

to bad im at work --- im startin to get thirsty

cheers
beer

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 03:03 PM
you can't puke and rally at century club.

slickpoppa
11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
This guy did it out of those standard 12 oz. keg cups. With a little spillage it was probably more like 4.5 beers, but still quite an accomplishment.
An even more well-rounded feat is the cross country runner from my college who did a beer mile in just under 6 minutes (Chugging a beer before each lap for a total of 4 beers).

Bulldog
11-08-2004, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My god! You never told me you had a twin!

[/ QUOTE ]

That so doesn't look like me.

Gamblor
11-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Peeing and puking are both grounds for disqualification.

We should have a Century Club at the Foxwoods event. Diplomat and I are talking (very tentatively) about going down for this Wednesday to catch the final event.

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 05:47 PM
no, peeing is allowed. I talked to you about this a while ago, I think.

NoPeak
11-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Him and John Candy from the Great Outdoors

Gamblor
11-08-2004, 07:03 PM
We did, and despite your insistence on "USA-rules", I maintain that the no peeing rule is what makes it so much fun.

It's amazing how much joy there is in watching your friends chug another shot with one hand holding the glass and the other holding their crotch, knowing the agony they must be in.

Even though you're in the same agony.

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 07:08 PM
those aren't USA rules, those are internationally accepted rules. Your rules are akin to Canadian football compared to the NFL.

rusty JEDI
11-08-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
those aren't USA rules, those are internationally accepted rules. Your rules are akin to Canadian football compared to the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our balls are bigger.

rJ

ThaSaltCracka
11-08-2004, 08:01 PM
I have no rebutal.