PDA

View Full Version : 99 from the Blinds, a hand I never know what to do with

Alobar
09-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to UTG.</font>

Was this a good fold? I figure with the overcall on a board with no real draws it was an easy fold and im just second guessing myself cuz the 9 came on the turn, yes? no?. What would the play be if it was HU? call down?

j0n_blayze
09-11-2004, 07:12 PM
I fold here 95 % of the time. If I had reason to believe that he was raising overcards or a draw then I may stay. The pot isnt big enough to fool around with.

Stefan Prodan
09-11-2004, 10:42 PM
I'd probably call the flop just so you aren't known as someone that folds flops to one raise.

sublime
09-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I'd probably call the flop just so you aren't known as someone that folds flops to one raise.

Agreed

Nate tha' Great
09-11-2004, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are going to burn a lot of chips if you play like this.

Tosh
09-11-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you can think along those lines if its close and you are contemplating both, but this situation I just fold and thats it.

sublime
09-11-2004, 11:09 PM

I am talkign about specific situations like the one above. Is hero behind here with the raise and cold call? More than likely, yes. I just dont think calling here is that big a deal.

EDIT: I see what you guys are saying. The key points are #1 pot is small #2 coldcaller #3 all these SB's add up over time.

I guess I get paranoid when it comes to my "image"

Nevermind these people probably pay no attention to what I am doing. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nate tha' Great
09-11-2004, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am talkign about specific situations like the one above. Is hero behind here with the raise and cold call? More than likely, yes. I just dont think calling here is that big a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is. If Hero is planning on folding on the turn, calling the flop is a 0.50 BB mistake, less whatever fraction of the time you get lucky and hit your set. An 0.50 BB mistake is a big mistake.

sublime
09-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Sure it is. If Hero is planning on folding on the turn, calling the flop is a 0.50 BB mistake, less whatever fraction of the time you get lucky and hit your set. An 0.50 BB mistake is a big mistake.

Yeah i edited my previous post. As usual I wasnt taking everything into consideration.

Keep up the good work Nate

GuyOnTilt
09-11-2004, 11:29 PM

Planning to do what on the turn? Fold without a set? If so, you're knowingly and willingly throwing away a good portion of a SB for the sole reason of not being "know as someone who folds the flop to one raise" in an online game where you don't play with the same opponents day in and day out and they're not paying attention anyway, not to mention that the whole argument of image plays so opponents won't MIS-play against you later is bogus, imo. E.g. "If you fold this river for one bet after showing aggression the whole way, opponents will be more likely to take shots at you on the river." Uh..okay, sweet!

GoT

Tosh
09-11-2004, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Nevermind these people probably pay no attention to what I am doing. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but if you play for half an hour you'll probably have nearly a whole new table anyway.