PDA

View Full Version : flop the nut straight, do I fold the river?

Alobar
09-11-2004, 07:04 PM
arty Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.16 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+2.</font>

yuk, I had no clue what to do. when UTG+2 didnt raise the turn I figured he didnt have a ten, so I thought his river raise might be to push me of qj (which is what I was praying everyone else had).

Grvnhigh
09-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Why no raise on the turn? You have position, and if you fear being already beat, you definitely fold this river for two cold.

I can't find a call here. You're giving your opponents way too much credit as to their thought process, and not enough to their hand strength.

They way you played the hand, it looks like a flush draw/gutshot combination up to the river.

Alobar
09-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Well I didnt raise the turn because with the flop action I figure theyve got QJ or 2 pair, the most probable 2 pair hands just filled up so I dont want to raise. The river I just couldnt bring myself to fold, I think I convinced myself the pot was too big, I dunno.