PDA

View Full Version : Have the Democrats ....

Abednego
09-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Have the Democrats manuevered themselves into the position of being the Party needing failure?

daryn
09-11-2004, 06:19 PM
yes, otherwise how can hilary run in 08?

Toro
09-11-2004, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have the Democrats manuevered themselves into the position of being the Party needing failure?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Party out of power always needs the Party in power to fail in order to change the Government. Why else would we change?

sam h
09-11-2004, 06:53 PM
No, its worse than that.

They have maneuvered themselves into the position of being the party who cannot take advantage of the obvious failure - on basically every front - of its opposition.

Rooster71
09-11-2004, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious. This is a popular conservative theory espoused by the loudmouth dopehead himself, Rush Limbaugh. However, nobody who believes this crap seems to be able to logically explain why the entire Democratic party would squander an entire presidential election on the hopes of Hillary running in '08.

Jimbo
09-11-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, nobody who believes this crap seems to be able to logically explain why the entire Democratic party would squander an entire presidential election on the hopes of Hillary running in '08.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the democrats are not very bright?

Jimbo

Rooster71
09-11-2004, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, nobody who believes this crap seems to be able to logically explain why the entire Democratic party would squander an entire presidential election on the hopes of Hillary running in '08.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the democrats are not very bright?

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]
This question is coming from someone whose party nominated George W. Bush. A Bush supporter referring to another party as "not very bright." Is this irony or what?

Megadittos!

Zeno
09-12-2004, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a popular conservative theory espoused by the loudmouth dopehead himself, Rush Limbaugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rush Limbaugh is never wrong. I believe everything he says. God told me to vote for Bush so Rush must also be correct on everything. This is how all Republicans think. Thank God we are right.

-Zeno

daryn
09-12-2004, 12:20 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious. This is a popular conservative theory espoused by the loudmouth dopehead himself, Rush Limbaugh. However, nobody who believes this crap seems to be able to logically explain why the entire Democratic party would squander an entire presidential election on the hopes of Hillary running in '08.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying the whole democratic party wants kerry to lose. not at all actually. just the clintons want kerry to lose.

Abednego
09-12-2004, 12:35 AM
The answer to this is because unlke the GOP which is George Bush's, the Democrat Party belongs to the Clintons. Rush is right on this.

Stu Pidasso
09-12-2004, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your explaination on why Kerry has run such a crappy campaign? I won't accept the theory that democrats are plain stupid either.

Stu

adios
09-12-2004, 03:38 AM

adios
09-12-2004, 03:40 AM
I've got news for you Limbaugh isn't the only one and it isn't limited to Republicans either. Thee are Democrats saying the same thing.

MMMMMM
09-12-2004, 05:29 AM
"Have the Democrats manuevered themselves into the position of being the Party needing failure?"

Interestingly, I think this resonates somewhat true in a larger sense (larger than just this election).

The Democrats need economic faiures and social problems in order to buy votes with their pandering via offering a smorgasbord of supposedly remedial programs. The better most people do overall, however, the less they generally need or want social programs.

Gee if there weren't any "injustices" or problems just what the heck would the Democrats campaign on? No wonder they tend to magnify any perceived problems as much as possible.

andyfox
09-12-2004, 12:43 PM
The "out" party is always attacking the status quo; otherwise, why vote for them?

Interestingly, in this election, Bush has positioned himself as the candidate of change, the "bridge to the future," to borrow a phrase from Clinton. In his convention acceptance sppech, he attacked Kerry and the Democrats as clinging to old programs from another era, and presented what will probably be a radical program of change to our education, tax, and social security systems in the second term.

benfranklin
09-12-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, I just ate /images/graemlins/mad.gif