PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, random bad player.

EnderW27
09-11-2004, 05:30 PM
AKA, don't play like this guy.

I got smacked down early in a SnG and by the middle of the second round, I was at 80 chips. I folded a few hands, realized my blinds were quickly approaching, and pushed with 89d. I figured this was probably a better hand than Ax to take my stand.

Anyway, since it's 2.5x the BB, no one's getting out that wants to play the hand. It's called in four spots and we see a flop of 9-T-K, two diamonds. This is about as good of a flop as I can hope for, really.

Checked around to a guy in late position who bets 300. Everyone folds. Except me, of course, I'm already all-in.

He's got J-7h. He doesn't improve. I quadruple up.
Thank you, random bad player, for pushing people out of my pot and giving me enough chips to start playing again.

Etiquette question: I got second place. Should this guy get a cut?

rjb03
09-11-2004, 05:46 PM
I had an experience like this recently after losing most of my stack to a guy who had me covered by 200 chips (1 BB). The remaining 3 players all called my big blind to see a flop of QQQ. They all checked the flop and the turn came J. The large stack at the table went all in with 32o, no draws, worse possible hand, everyone folded. I had K3o. Unfortunately, he hit the deuce on the river, but I had a laugh anyways.

Eder
09-11-2004, 06:49 PM
crazy stuff happens...just finished a SnG, 4 left...I'm large stack in BB looking at AKs ...button has been stealing steady and is near same size stack as mine...other 2 left have about 8 bb's each...
Of course the button raises 3x BB so I fire a shot at him raising to 10bb...thought he'd get the message and fold...instead he pushes on me and I knock him out to the thanks of the small stacks that just monied. crazy...

LLXC
09-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Yea I really do not understand those who protect All-iners by making a bluff when their + pot size is 0.

KJ o
09-13-2004, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I really do not understand those who protect All-iners by making a bluff when their + pot size is 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one time it is truly profitable is with four people left, you have a huge stack and the other three players are (too) passivley waiting for someone else to bust. Then having four people in should allow you to steal a few more times and give you an even better position later.

Of course, the situation for the OP is nothing at all like that.

deuces09
09-13-2004, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Etiquette question: I got second place. Should this guy get a cut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck no! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif