PDA

View Full Version : I am literally insane

SomethingClever
09-11-2004, 01:14 PM
No read on villain here... have I gone mad?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero value bets?

MAxx
09-11-2004, 01:31 PM
I say yes.

I think worse hands will call if they have called thus far. Since villain didnt raise turn, I don't really think he would wait to raise river with a 9 or q. You shouldnt be afraid of the backdoor flush either. There is a chance (maybe slim to almost not likely) that you may even get a better pp to fold.

MAxx
09-11-2004, 01:33 PM
I meant yes to the river value bet. No comment on whether you are insane or not.

Brain
09-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Nah, you're not that mad.
I'd go ahead and bet the river here.

InchoateHand
09-11-2004, 01:43 PM
To clarify, I think you should bet here...though it is not a backdoor Flush---in fact, a flush draw would explain best villain's behavior. I think I am in favor only very slimly of this bet, but in this regards you are not insane.

MEbenhoe
09-11-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm not quite sure why everyone is so fond of value betting in this situation. What worse hands are possibly out that are going to call you here? Unlike what most people are saying this could very likely be a flush draw that hit on the river. If that is true you get raised, and then you have to ask yourself if you're capable of folding when raised. Also, the way he played the hand he could very easily have a Q which he will call your bet with. For it to be a value bet you have to be counting on there being worse hands out that will call your bet, and I really don't see any possibilities of that out there. A much better option here is to check and call.

SomethingClever
09-11-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To clarify, I think you should bet here...though it is not a backdoor Flush---in fact, a flush draw would explain best villain's behavior. I think I am in favor only very slimly of this bet, but in this regards you are not insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I went ahead and bet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8 BB).</font>

Results
Hero has 7s 7c (two pair, nines and sevens).
BB has Jc 3c (two pair, nines and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 8 BB.

Obviously, he called with a worse hand, so the bet must have some value. I wonder how often this will happen, though.

InchoateHand
09-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah, a very poor player will automatically assume your PFR means over cards and call down with any piece of the board. Because he was so passive, I think this situation will come up just slimly enough to be worth it.

You get the Value-Bet-of-the-Week Award.

Brain
09-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Is there a trophy that goes with that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Entity
09-11-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a trophy that goes with that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. It is approximately the same shape, size, and color as four dollar bills.

Rob

InchoateHand
09-11-2004, 03:16 PM
But due to neteller errors, it can only be viewed in PP format.

balkii
09-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey dan - yes you bet here.

remember, when you're punching and they're against the ropes, only check on the river if you intend to fold to a bet. if you will call, be more determined than usual to bet out instead, when you're in this type of slugfest. you want it to be 'you don't know why, but you're swinging; they don't know why, but they're calling.' you want this state of the universe to remain at a goodly constant. - elysium

SomethingClever
09-11-2004, 06:42 PM
I play g00t, but sometimes I feel bad about it.

balkii
09-11-2004, 06:43 PM
lol they dont make you do much work over there do they

SomethingClever
09-11-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???? It's Saturday ????

GuidoSarducci
09-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Okay, strictly for the ed-u-ma-cation here... You raise with 77, I would guess to thin the field...

Once the flop comes with two overcards, what makes you so sure you're not looking at a bigger pair?

I think I grossly mis-play middle pocket pairs in low limit and would like to have a look-see inside your head.. &lt;grin&gt;

G.

SomethingClever
09-11-2004, 07:10 PM
I raised because Button open-limped which means he's a terrible player. He could have anything.

I was mostly worried about a single Q.

Antinomy
09-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Wow, I never would have value bet in that spot. Maybe I'm leaving money on the table.

If I had a 9, Q, or flush draw, there is a good chance I would have played my hand as villain did, especially if I thought you were aggressive. Heads up, I wouldn't be so worried about you being on the flush draw yourself, and there is a good chance that you were betting over cards, which I don't want to discourage if I have the Q or the 9.

GuidoSarducci
09-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Okay, I understand. Didn't follow the pre-flop action correctly the first time.. Thanks!

G.

balkii
09-11-2004, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???? It's Saturday ????

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...oh yeah. I knew that... /images/graemlins/blush.gif