PDA

View Full Version : Simple question I am too stupid..

surfdoc
09-11-2004, 10:51 AM
to figure out.

Lets say you are playing in a standard 9 or 10 player limit HE game. You have the button and are considering playing Axs. There are 2 limpers and as the player in the CO mucks a single card is exposed and it is an A. Now, are you better off playing because if you hit your A it is more likely to be good, or not playing because the chance of you flopping an A is lower?

dogmeat
09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
In your particular situation (and I've been there), with just limpers, I like playing the hand, but only with a raise. My thinking is that the chance somebody else has an ace is pretty small and I may be able to steal, and if I do get a call and it happens to be from someone with an ace, then I will probably be able to get them to lay it down later since there is only one ace left and it probably is not hitting the board.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Sundevils21
09-11-2004, 12:39 PM
If it was Axoffsuit then fold it. You now have the same chance to catch an ace as you do of flopping a set.
In the case of Axsuited, I would still fold here. However if there were like 5-7 limpers and the pot was going to be 8-10 ways then i'd call.

cnfuzzd
09-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Call. Your flush chances arent particularly affected, and this hand has now become even easier to play than normally. You get a draw. Woot. You flop and ace. Woot. With one more limper, i would raise.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
09-11-2004, 06:02 PM
You dont play Axs for its pair value. You mostly want to flop a flush draw. In fact, the main weakness of these hands is when you do just flop an ace, and pay the better kicker off the whole way. Less likely here.

peace

john nickle

Richard Berg
09-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes -- although, it is kind of nice to flop bottom pair and have AQo reverse-dominated the whole way while you chase your bigger draws (flush or wheel or whatever).

surfdoc
09-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Not following your logic here. Why is it that you will get someone to lay down their A?

surfdoc
09-11-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You dont play Axs for its pair value. You mostly want to flop a flush draw. In fact, the main weakness of these hands is when you do just flop an ace, and pay the better kicker off the whole way. Less likely here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you are playing it for the nut flush value, but flopping top pair is an added benefit (sometimes). I think you are arguing that you would be more inclined to play in this situation. Correct?

I am not trying to create a preflop debate on whether AXs is a limp, raise, or fold hand. I am merely asking that if you know an A is out, how does that affect your decision?

cnfuzzd
09-11-2004, 10:36 PM
see the other reply i made, the one in re of your post. Of course i call here. As i said, and exposed ace makes this hand even easier to play, since you can be more confidant that if you hit your ace that you are not paying off a higher kicker.

peace

john nickle

Sponger15SB
09-11-2004, 10:55 PM
hey surfdoc just an OT question...

where do you live, surf at?

I would fold btw. Maybe I would call Axs if i was in late position with a ton of limpers.

surfdoc
09-11-2004, 11:07 PM
check your PM