PDA

View Full Version : Play MONOPOLY WITH REAL CASH

ChessPro
09-11-2004, 09:07 AM
As a former national chess champion, and top 10 in the U.S. for all college students, its currently it's been tough to make any money except hustling in washington square park the hustler. Now they don't even let me play there anymore to take even a couple of bucks. Started playing poker last year. Got real good without any books in the no-limit world. Deposited $50 on party and ran it up to a good $700 in $25 nl games. Then promptly lost it. I thought I was moneymaker. Put it in again, this time cashed out half when i was up about $600. Then I lost it all. Finally decided to get some books - first was TJ Cloutiers no-limit tournament strategy. Then got Ken Warren's guide to hold'em, Hold'em For Advanced Players (probably the best book ever written in my opinion), and Turbo Texas Hold'em. Put $50 back into party, built it up to $500, then $1000, then $5000, and now $10,000. I started at .50-1 and now am playing 5-10. Not for nothing but it feels like the song Biggie Smalls, Jay-Z - I love the dough. Paying for college this way, I've probably put in countless hours staying up every night playing but it was worth it to get where I was. I want to thank Sklansky and Bob Wilson. Chess was only the vehicle, Poker is the destination. I just want to say, if you think it's possible don't give up. Don't jump in over your head, but if you think you can do it - give it a try. It's you and the world, see you guys at this years world series of poker. I hope another 2+2er wins.

JAque
09-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Do you give chess lessons for free? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I love chess more than poker, but I rather get paid for my hobby.

JAque