PDA

View Full Version : Tough decision on the end...

Snoogins47
09-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Super 8 Motel 3:00-11:00 shift (1 handed)

9:00 P.M. 2 hours until work gets off. Desk clerk at the Super 8, for some 1.5 months now, consistently pulling about $8/hr, but I tend to give up some potential profit by not wanting to overexert myself and stick around while I'm in a bad mood, even if the situation merits it.

So I sit down, still steaming after a monster check-in.

I find myself across the desk from some 23 year old girl, who just walked in. We start talkin as she checks in. Normal good looking type, fits the mold of a swingin' 20 something, you all know what I'm talkin about. We chat, we joke, we kid. Pretty standard here.

As she walks away, she turns back and says "Well, you.. already know what room I'm in. I'm serious, you should come up when you get off and party with me- err, party with us."

The stop-and-go on the end here was unexpected, and made it hard for me to decide what to do here.

It seemed to be an easy all-in push, but my wuss-side was screaming to get out, not wanting to get too committed.

Results to follow.

Pocket Twos UTG: Taking you from nothing to something, one hand at a time. (http://www.livejournal.com/users/pocket_twos_utg/)