PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this hand? Y'all? Yee alllll?

Nak
09-11-2004, 03:19 AM
I made a mistake preflop. What should be my action preflop? How's the rest of it? Comments welcome.

Nak

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1040)
MP (t2860)
Button (t1145)
Nak (t2110)
BB (t2845)

Preflop: Nak is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">MP raises to t120</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Nak raises to t180</font>, BB folds, MP calls t60.

Flop: (t420) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Nak checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets t150</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nak raises to t300</font>, MP calls t150.

Turn: (t1020) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Nak bets t1020</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: t2040
<font color="green">Main Pot: t1020 (t1020), won by Nak.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t1020 (t1020), between UTG and Nak.</font>

betgo
09-11-2004, 09:12 AM
What was the the purpose of the miniraise preflop? All I can think of is you are trying to represent a big hand to intimidate your opponent postflop.

What if your opponent had AA, KK, QQ, or AK? He will almost certainly reraise, and you will probably have to fold. That way you miss a chance to flop a set and win a big pot.

I think it is better to call preflop, but ifyou raise, raise enough that you have a shot to pick up the pot.

Ob the turn, I would have flat called. Why give your opponent any indication you have anything. However, the small reraise was OK.

Why the large bet on the turn? Are you trying to scare him away and pick up the pot? Are you scared by the straight flush possibilities and don't want to get beat on the river? Do you think your opponent has a strong hand and will think you are stealing?

Standard procedure with a boat is to play it very slow. It is hard to get drawn out on, and it is hard for your opponent to have much when you have such a lot on the board. You give them a chance to catch up or bluff. I would make a smaller bet or check on the turn.

Nak
09-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks. I really don't know what I was thinking on that one. I think I must have thought that I got all the money I could out of him, so I just bet big to get it over. I went on to win that tourney, though, so I didn't always play so poorly.

Nak