PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Pictures

El Barto
09-11-2004, 03:14 AM
http://www.jdsfinancialsolutions.com/files/478/wtc%20cross.jpg
http://www.conservationtech.com/MAIN-TOPICS/5-NYC-World-Trade/FEMA-WTC-photos/(01)%20plane(abc)-crop.jpg
http://www.raft.org/pics/amigos/wtc/1_wtc.jpg
http://ams.astro.univie.ac.at/~nendwich/Oeko/Fahrrad/wtc.jpg
http://ken.ipl31.net/gallery/albums/wtc/img_1464.sized.jpg
http://www.insearchofpeace.org/World-Trade-Center/wtc-collapseing.jpg
http://www.conservationtech.com/MAIN-TOPICS/5-NYC-World-Trade/NEWS-photos/Debris-w-figure.jpg
http://www.co59.org/iwo-9-11-final.jpg

natedogg
09-11-2004, 03:45 AM
Someday there may be no more religion, thank god.

natedogg

Stu Pidasso
09-11-2004, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like thats would stop us from butchering each other.

Stu

Duke
09-11-2004, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Like thats would stop us from butchering each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Religion is an all-around bad thing in the world for many more reasons than the butchering aspect.

~D

ThaSaltCracka
09-11-2004, 04:45 AM
does 9/11 have to be day about a debate about religion or can it just be day of remembrance?

Stu Pidasso
09-11-2004, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Religion is an all-around bad thing in the world for many more reasons than the butchering aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

More people have been killed under atheistic regimes then religious ones. Atheism must be a pretty bad thing too.

Stu

Duke
09-11-2004, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does 9/11 have to be day about a debate about religion or can it just be day of remembrance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

~D

ThaSaltCracka
09-11-2004, 04:53 AM
yes what?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

GWB
09-11-2004, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

The terrorists were not about religion, that was just an excuse and PR to gain popular support in Muslim countries.

These terrorists were about envy, hatred, and personal human evil.

And our reflection on 9/11 should be on the victims and how we will best try to prevent future victims of similar terror acts.

SpicyF
09-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Without religion all mankind would be dead when they know they have no hope or afterlife.

Duke
09-11-2004, 08:57 AM
This needs to be a separate thread. At that point I'll jump all over this one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

~D

Rushmore
09-11-2004, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without religion all mankind would be dead when they know they have no hope or afterlife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Spicy,

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!!!!!

Say it ain't so.

Vaya con dios,
Rush.

Zeno
09-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I was working on 9/11, 2001 like many people. We were in the field and had no access to TV but a few coworkers were listening to a radio etc and one came over and told me about planes hitting the World Trade Towers etc - I thought he was joking.

I really did not believe it all until I saw the news of the event that night. I will never forget my initial feelings when I first saw the footage of the planes slamming into the towers and the subsequence collapse. I don't have the words for it.

The pain of that day still reverberates for everyone. More for some than others I would also imagine.

SpicyF
09-11-2004, 12:30 PM
It's true, atleast I think it is... I am not a religous man at all. But I do blame God for alot of things when I''m depressed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

juanez
09-11-2004, 12:52 PM
...and to hell with the evil f*cks who murdered them.

natedogg
09-11-2004, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More people have been killed under atheistic regimes then religious ones. Atheism must be a pretty bad thing too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atheism was not the driving reason behind the deaths in so-called "atheist" regimes. The cause is sheer despotism or racism or some other ideology like Stalin's fear of western corruption. Your statement is a common rebuttal but it is a blatant logical fallacy.

Religion is bad and wrong for many many reasons besides the fact that it causes people to kill for their imaginary friend, but that one reason is good enough for me to despise all superstitions.

Rational, critical thinking is the only thing that will save humanity. Certainly not jesus or mother goose.

natedogg

Gamblor
09-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Yes, thank him that we won't have to believe in him anymore.

Regardless, I'm more inclined to believe that religion is the excuse for this atrocity rather than the cause.

Religion is their excuse for doing things they would have done anyway.

The Crusades, the Inquisition, it all would have happened because man's natural desire is to expand his sphere of influence.

Religion only justified all the carnage. Take away religion, and they would have found some other reason to do it. Religion helps enough people (Ned Flanders, for example) that I'm happy to allow it to stick around.

Pirc Defense
09-11-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rational, critical thinking is the only thing that will save humanity. Certainly not jesus or mother goose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly so. Yet the religion debate still continues, which is all the more reason to agree that near 100% of all claims about or concerning religion in fact have nothing to do with religion.

Stu Pidasso
09-12-2004, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Atheism was not the driving reason behind the deaths in so-called "atheist" regimes. The cause is sheer despotism or racism or some other ideology like Stalin's fear of western corruption

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm......Nevetheless, I'd still feel a helluva lot safer living under the rule of God fearing individuals than antheists.

Stu

Duke
09-12-2004, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm......Nevetheless, I'd still feel a helluva lot safer living under the rule of God fearing individuals than antheists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have more of a problem with the people who "fear God." I don't think a better example of seeing monsters under the bed exists.

~D

Stu Pidasso
09-12-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I have more of a problem with the people who "fear God." I don't think a better example of seeing monsters under the bed exists.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not concern yourself with monsters under the bed. There are plenty of real monsters out there to worry about. The worst of them are atheist.

Stu

Duke
09-12-2004, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should not concern yourself with monsters under the bed. There are plenty of real monsters out there to worry about. The worst of them are atheist.

[/ QUOTE ]

D-I-S-R-E-G-A-R-D

~D

Stu Pidasso
09-12-2004, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
D-I-S-R-E-G-A-R-D

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a very good point Duke. Take God out of the equation and its easy to disregard anything you want. You can sluaghter millions and not lose a wink of sleep.

Stu

ZeeJustin
09-12-2004, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This stereotype really pisses me off. I'm not gonna kill myself because I'm not eternal. Atheists aren't depressed people that hate life because there is no god. I'm a fun loving guy trying to squeeze everything out of his short life, because I know there won't be anything after death.

ZeeJustin
09-12-2004, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't possibly be true. Do you have any evidence to back this up with?

Duke
09-12-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats a very good point Duke. Take God out of the equation and its easy to disregard anything you want. You can sluaghter millions and not lose a wink of sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

God is out of my equation and I haven't yet slaughtered one race of people. Given that I really dislike many groups of people, you'd think that I'd be a prime example of someone who would be hankering for a genocide.

I'm sure that someone who reads this will understand the reference I was making.

~D

Stu Pidasso
09-12-2004, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This can't possibly be true. Do you have any evidence to back this up with?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a poor statement on my part. It can niether be proved nor disproved. Nevertheless the two most brutal regimes in history (Stalin and Mao) were clearly atheistic. Those two regimes alone killed over 60 million people; more than the crusades, the inquisition, salem witch hunts combined. Hitler's regime could also be described as athiestic given its roots in social darwinism.

Some in this forum have stated that religion is bad and the world would be better off with out it. This belief stems from all the autrocities that have been committed in the name of religion. What those individuals ignore is that the that the underlying motives behind the autrocities usually had very little to do with religion. These individuals have this missguided belief that if religion is removed from the society, men will stop butchering each other(or at least the butchering will decrease).

I'm of the opinion that the opposite is true. That as religion is removed men will commit even greater autrocities against each other. Sadly, history seems to back my position.

Stu

SpicyF
09-12-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm not necceserly saying *everyone* is gonna kill themself. But the vast vast majority would go insane and kill themself. This is what I think, not a fact.