PDA

View Full Version : Was that the Yankees?

Zeno
09-10-2004, 11:11 PM
What the feh? Was that the Yankees I just watched get pounded by the Orioles? Was that the Yankee bullpen that let 14 runs cross the plate? Some just walked in, free of charge. And against the Orioles who are only a step above the D-backs.

Next time Andy makes a post about the Yankees he should wear a bag over his head while typing.

They have no chance in the playoffs if tonights game is repesentive of their play.

-Zeno

andyfox
09-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Remember, I ranked the four play-off teams' chances to advance to the World Series and I put New York at the bottom. Remember, earlier in the year, I predicted they had a good chance to miss the play-offs. Take a look at the earned run averages of all thepitchers who threw ("pitched" would be too chariable a term) last night. Vasquez, who was their only reliable picther earlier in the year, has now been on the wrong end of a 22-0 game and a 14-8 game in two of his last three starts.

However . . .

They still have the best record in the league. They still are seven up on the Angeles in the loss column for the last play-off spot. And once you get into the play-offs, who knows.

Toro
09-11-2004, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

However . . .

They still have the best record in the league. They still are seven up on the Angeles in the loss column for the last play-off spot. And once you get into the play-offs, who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's shaping up as a real bad Hurricane season so maybe they can forfeit their way to a WS. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zeno
09-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Good post as usual. I do remember your playoff rakings. I was just a bit shocked to see how bad the team looked. Disjointed I think and in more ways than one. It is not good to stumble into the playoffs.

The Yankees will have a chance in the post season but only a slim hope, in my opinion, especially if the pitching does not improve. But you already predicted this so I'm only agreeing with you, along with being a bit late in doing so. I'm a bit behind the ball, sort of like how the Yankees are. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

As a side issue, Randy Johnson did bean Barry Bonds last night. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I 'predicted' this would happen, it just happen one series later than I said it would. Now that that is over the D-backs can move on. Johnson also picked up another win, his 100th with the D-backs.

Will be some great baseball down the home stretch.

-Zeno

andyfox
09-11-2004, 07:53 PM
As a Yankee fan, I was embarrassed. I don't care what the rules say, play the games. As it turned out, Tampa Bay shouldn't have shown up.

Toro
09-11-2004, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As it turned out, Tampa Bay shouldn't have shown up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny line.