PDA

View Full Version : Rags on the flop and the chips fly everywhere...

TripleH68
09-10-2004, 09:33 PM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

After calling the flop bets I got the nasty feeling I was drawing to a *one outer*. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Would you have called this raise pre-flop with rubber duckies?

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (22 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

Michael Davis
09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't care about the preflop call.

I am more concerned that you folded this hand. I agree that it looks like you are oversetted, but the pot is huge and you cannot fold a set. You just can't. Cry when you make the call, but put the money in the pot.

Before we get to the river, how about the following hands?

99, A8s, Ax clubs

All of these are reasonable hands for either MP2 or CO. Plus, there are a bunch more unreasonable hands they might have. You cannot fold.

-Michael

Bigdaddydvo
09-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Seeing you fold a set made me cry almost as much as when I watched "Titanic" --wait--did I think that or type that?

Pot way too big...no fold

TripleH68
09-10-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing you fold a set made me cry almost as much as when I watched "Titanic" --wait--did I think that or type that?

Pot way too big...no fold

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an overset and the nut flush hit on the river. This table had not shown anywhere near this kind of aggression for an hour and a half prior, but I see the huge pot angle and my weak-tight tendencies. Tanks. "Iceberg right ahead!"

Evan
09-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I can see the call PF being okay if the table is LAG enough. I'm not really sure why you didn't cap the flop. If you were pretty sure someone else would then it's okay since it gives some deception to your hand.
Now for the fold. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you know it was wrong and you just need some reinforcment. There's just no way you can justify this unless someone flashes you there cards. This pot is too big and there are too many other hand that everyone could have. (i.e. UTG+2-AK, MP2-99, CO-AXc) My point is you really just can't fold here, you can't be happy about the action, but you can't fold.

Evan
09-10-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was an overset and the nut flush hit on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither one of these statements justify a fold. Whether you would have won the hand or not really doesn't mean anyhting.