PDA

View Full Version : Q6o BB - TPWK

Ralph Wiggum
09-10-2004, 09:11 PM
This was an unconfortable hand, just the type I like. How was my play?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

InchoateHand
09-10-2004, 09:14 PM
I like this play a lot.

The C/R out of the blinds is a classic. Once you call the 3-bet, I think you are committing yourself to a showdown, as long as the 3rd spade doesn't hit and incite a ton of action.
I think you will be shown a busted nut flush draw enough here for this to be profitable--coupled with the times you hit your lucky six.

I like it.