PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with Teecoy

whiskeytown
09-10-2004, 08:47 PM
4 out of 5 weeks in a row he makes the TLB top board on Pokerstars -

I don't have pokertracker stats on every game, but he doesn't appear to be doing the buck MTT route - in fact, he's on a 50+5 Omaha tourney right now.

anyone got pokertracker stats on him for tourney placement? -- Is he winning more then he's losing or WTF? -

RB

BobboFitos
09-10-2004, 09:21 PM
anyone got pokertracker stats on him for tourney placement? -- Is he winning more then he's losing or WTF? -

RB

He's in my PT, I need to update a ton of tourneys (it takes so much time!) but he's cashed 6 out of 24 listed... Not bad. And yeah, I think he's winning *slightly* more than losing to earn that many TLB points... To earn the points you have to take top 15%, so he makes money nearly everytime he earns points, and since he's earning a lot of points, he must be making final tables/etc alot...

The funny thing is he really plays every single tourney offered. I'm surprised I only have documentation of 24 tournaments with him in them, because it always seems to me that he's there. (The familiar michael jordan icon)

whiskeytown
09-10-2004, 09:22 PM
24 hrs a day? - wonder if he's tagteaming with someone...

RB

BobboFitos
09-10-2004, 09:26 PM
24 hrs a day? - wonder if he's tagteaming with someone...

RB

You know, you have a really good point. The additional $ earned from the TLB would make this a juicy deal -
Having posuited that, though, I think he's just a lonely guy with a laptop ;o)

Tosh
09-10-2004, 09:28 PM
He's just a player that plays a lot and has had a great run. I think the lowest he plays is the $10 rebuys.

whiskeytown
09-10-2004, 09:52 PM
a google of him shows several posts in rgp and other forums... as usual RGP brings up cheating right away.

but yah, if you play 4-5 at a time a la Zeejustin, it's possible....hell of a run.

RB

eMarkM
09-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I have been at a couple final tables with teecoy during his remarkable run this past month. The kid's (he says he's 22) got major game. There's no doubt he's made a ton of money. He hasn't just been playing cheapies or sneaking into the cash, he's been winning outright in 30-100 buyin tourneys and getting 2nds and 3rds. He's been bending-over-backwards friendly to all the railbirds that follow him around now (I admit, I've sweated him from time to time) and says he has a regular day job and doesn't start playing until after 4PM. Then it appears he basically plays every >$20 tourney available into the night.

He's been around for awhile hanging around top 30 and above for the year, he's just on a major Ken Jennings like run. In some of the games I've sweated, he got major suckouts, but who doesn't on their way to winning. OTOH, when he outlasted me at both the final tables I was at, I don't think he hardly show down a hand at all. But obviously the guy is winning a good deal of his races at key moments and riding them to the finish line.

whiskeytown
09-10-2004, 09:58 PM
yah....nothing like being the TLB 4 out of 5 weeks in a row to discourage calls from people in the know /images/graemlins/wink.gif

RB