PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Full Tilt Pros?

pilamsolo
09-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Is it just me, or are they rarely (if ever) actual pros on Full Tilt? I've seen Erik Lindgren maybe 3 times, Erik Seidel once, and that's about it. The only guy I ever see on there at night is Perry Friedman. Who the hell is Perry Friedman? Oh yeah, I saw Andy Bloch once too. I've yet to see Phil Ivey, Howard Lederer, Jennifer Harmon, John Juanda, Clonie Gowan, Chris Ferguson, or Phil Gordon even though they all have their own tables. What's up with that? I assumed that there would always be at least one pro on to stir up some action (there's almost none of that, either).

Anyone else have similiar/different experience with Full Tilt?

-Solo

eric5148
09-10-2004, 07:47 PM
I played with Harmon at her 2/4 table a couple days ago. I've seen Gordon, Ferguson, and Juanda several times.

PokrLikeItsProse
09-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Perry Friedman is a top Roshambo player and WSOP bracelet winner in some form of Omaha who just plays tournaments and is heavily involved on the software side of things. He's not really a pro, but he is a decent tourney player (finished 8th in a recent WPT event) and he can answer a lot of questions about the site. He's also pretty free with playing advice.

The pros come in at different times. Phil Ivey likes to hit and run for no more than an hour at randoms times of the day. Howard Lederer seems to like playing really late Pacific time. (I believe Howard has been running his fantasy camp this week so hasn't been on as much.) Jennifer Harmon seems to prefer playing late morning or early afternoon PST. Phil Gordon plays pretty randomly, but does seem to like playing when he is on TV so he can promote the hell out of Celebrity Poker Showdown and his forthcoming book. All the pros have their habits. Some go on vacation and be gone for a week. A lot of them will check in from airports while in transit to and from tournaments (wireless is great) and you'll often see pros on in the evenings of big tournaments after they have been knocked out. In theory, they try to be on ten hours per week.

They don't have assigned times to come on-line, they just do. If they had set hours, people will only come on at those times, so it's probably best if they reward players who are already playing by sitting down at games with players.

I do think that some of them are making a mistake by playing to much $1/$2 and $2/$4 NLHE games, rather than propping up action on $3/$6.