PDA

View Full Version : QQ gets Reraised PF

junkmail3
09-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (16.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

thirddan
09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
anyone else really dislike calling the river?
I just don't see how you could be ahead here, even though the pot is pretty big...

Fnord
09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
There has got to be a fold in there somewhere...

Bill Smith
09-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Going into calldown mode on the turn cost you 2 BB. Instead, you would be better served leading the turn and folding to a raise since few people will raise here without a K or a made flush or straight.

EDIT: And yes, I agree with others that even check-fold would be better than calling this down.

Evan
09-10-2004, 04:45 PM
First of all you didn't get reraised PF so I don't understand the title.

Now on to the hand. That's a pretty raggedy flop to have hit your opponents when they coldcalled 2 PF. They're most likely on draws, maybe with a pair.
A lot of those draws just got there on the turn. I think betting and folding to a raise is better here since there's really no way you could end up folding to a worse hand. I'd do the same thing on the river.

junkmail3
09-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah,

Good points all around.
You would fold that on the river though ... for one bet? ONE? I may need some more convincing.

I don't need more convincing that I should have folded earlier though.

Results:
He had A3c, flopped the straight, turned the flush. My QQ doesn't hold up too well.

Bigdaddydvo
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Quotith Phil Hellmuth: "The board is so bad I surrender"

Unless he fell in love with two red tens, ya gotta lay it down. Check fold and bet/fold to a raise both seem like viable options here.

junkmail3
09-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I agree. Looking back, I turned into a maniac. I was just trying to get him off his hand pretty bad. I should have been gone way way way long ago. maybe even preflop, haha.

(Why don't I post the hands on here where I play reall well? Then everyone would think I'm a genius!)

Fnord
09-10-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(Why don't I post the hands on here where I play reall well? Then everyone would think I'm a genius!)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a big pecking order. On just about any other board you would be...

junkmail3
09-10-2004, 06:17 PM
So, what you're saying is I need to get my posts .. . er, uh, pecks up?

Fnord
09-10-2004, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, what you're saying is I need to get my posts .. . er, uh, pecks up?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

MoreWineII
09-10-2004, 06:23 PM
If you only posted the hands where you played well, you wouldn't be getting any better, now would you? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Usually when people here make you feel like a bonehead, you know in your heart of hearts you deserve it.

junkmail3
09-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Haha, yes.

mikeyvegas
09-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok, I'll take a shot at this hand.

First off, your title is a lie. But that really doesn't matter.

PF: You raise and get some callers. Cool.

Flop: Wow, you bet out and get raised and re-raised followed by someone cold calling 3 bets. That sure doesn't seem good. Maybe I'm weak, but I don't think I cap here. Maybe I call and then check-raise a non-scare card on the turn or bet a scare card and fold to a raise.

Turn: Not a very good card for you.
3 Options and I like them in this order.

1.Bet/fold to a raise
2.Check/fold to a bet
3.Check/call

River: Being heads up on the call and getting 16:1 you have to make it, although I would have been out of this hand a while ago.