PDA

View Full Version : JJ UTG first hand

billyofthehills
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
I have a question about playing JJ UTG. I was in a Pokerstars 6$ turbo Sit n' Go. I get JJ under the gun on the very first hand, everyone's stack is at 1500, blinds at 10/20. What should my move be? Also, if I raise around 200, what should I do if someone comes back over the top of me? My question here is what is the most largest raise that I should be calling or reraising?

ender
09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
JJ is not a hand to go all in with on the first hand. I would raise to 60 or just limp. My goal is to manage the amount of money going in preflop. Getting a third of your stack in, even heads up, puts you in bad shape.

If someone raises you, you are a coin flip at best. You don't want to put money in being a slight favorite or a big dog.

Don't get too committed to a mediocre hand.

Eder
09-10-2004, 07:39 PM
This hand very powerful with position, but UTG I limp/call on full table...

patrick dicaprio
09-10-2004, 08:13 PM
UTG you will probably get a lot of callers which you dont want. i normally just clal here and see what develops.

Pat

kleraudio
09-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I would just raise 60 to go, see what unfolds, if it gets raised you can let the hand go pretty easily without a dent in your stack. As someone said earlier you dont want chips in the pot if your a slight favorite or a big dog.

Hope that helps

jim

willperkins
09-10-2004, 10:23 PM
I raise 4 x BB. If someone moves all in on me, and I know nothing about them, I have to put them on a hand of AA, KK, QQ or AK. Only one of the five matchups am I a slight favorite over, so I fold.
I don't know if this is correct, so if someone has the correct call please let me know.

betgo
09-11-2004, 12:05 AM
You can make a standard raise, a miniraise, or limp. I wouldn't overbet.

If someone raises, you have to look at whether you have enough implied odds of hitting your set combined with your chances of winning the hand with an underflop. If you have a raise to 200 and 2 callers and no one left who could reraise, then you are getting good implied odds for your set. However, you usually don't want to put a huge number of chips in.

If the people are playing loose and willing to go allin for 100xBB, this is not a good hand to play sheriff with. Wait for AA or KK, or maybe QQ or AK.

pope rek
09-11-2004, 01:15 AM
I would most definitely limp with JJ UTG. Early on you should be concerned about studying your opponents. At best hope you hit your set and get paid, otherwise I would just play it softly post flop and if I faced a serious raise down the line I would muck. Most definitely an easy hand to get away from this early.