PDA

View Full Version : LRR spawns wild aggression

PokerNoob
09-10-2004, 03:43 PM
BB in this hand is VLAG, with wild swings between tricky/aggressive play and near maniacism. He loves to raise preflop if he's not among the first to act. CO has his picture in the encyclopedia under "calling station". He's just sat, played every single hand in an orbit, calling all manner of raises and always folds the river. Button and SB are decent, but uninvolved in this hand.

Crypto skin 1/2 GBP Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with red Aces.

Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls, BB caps, Hero calls, CO calls. I knew I had a great opportunity to LRR here.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, BB 3-bets, Hero calls, CO calls.

He refuses to let off the gas, and seemingly knows enough plays to be able to respect my limp reraise. Cap here? I seriously started worrying about a set or something bizzare.

River: (21 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
BB checks...

CO has a random hand and will apparently only call if he can beat me. BB either gave up his bluff or wants to milk a checkraise out of me.

naphand
09-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Well, we know you are ahead PF...

The flop looks perfect for you, easy cap. On Turn I think you are right to slow down when he refuses to back off. Does he have 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif? Possible set JJ. Everything else looks highly unlikely (bar AA, which is highly unlikely).

Given your reads, you have little option but to check behind.

I think most would fire in a bet when checked to like this, which is what I want to do. If he CR and show JJ/66 then you know better next time. Given CO folds when beat (does he always, even with a J here?) and BB has missed his flush, there is little point to a bet. I want to see their cards, so if you are happy with your read, check.

My guess is BB has A /images/graemlins/club.gifx /images/graemlins/club.gif or KK. CO is like the kitchen table on which you will ocassionally stub your toe, but otherwise is well worth the money.