PDA

View Full Version : how bad did I play this?

fireman664
09-10-2004, 03:41 PM
party $100 6 max NL. I have taken 2 weeks off from playing due to running REALLY bad (bad cards, starting to make bad play). This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have done this in the last 2 years. First day back, and I have been playing well and have built my stack up to $320 at a GREAT table. 2 rocks, and 3 maniacs at my table when this hand occurs. KK from UTG+1. UTG (maniac 1 $600 stack) calls, I raise to $9. next to act Maniac 2 calls ($200 stack), folded around to maniac 1 who calls. Flop comes 7 4 3 rainbow. Maniac 1 bets $25 into me (he really could have anything here, he was pushing preflop, calling $100 all-ins with K7s, J9o ect.) I raise to $75. Maniac 2 goes all in. Maniac 1 pushes all in also (this puts me all in)????????? I dont smell a set, cause both players were way overplaying small pockets and I am sure they would re-raise me preflop ( i actually was shocked I wasnt reraised, and had been counting on it to get all in). No flush draw. Do I call all in? I just dont know where I stand because they were both seeing over 75% of the flops, and showing down 2nd and 3rd pair in huge pots. Thought for a long time, and my play was........I called??? Let me know your opinions please

Ionphore
09-10-2004, 07:45 PM
I think there is better spots to get your money in. Even against 2 wild players. They both moved all in. You say no flush - but 56 makes a nut straight. 56 - the kind of hand a wild player is likely to play. You say you didn't suspect a set. But it is possible one of them has 33,44,77 I would think. Anyhow - just alot better spots in my mind. No reason to risk your stack on this one. Get them when you are more confident you are ahead...

fireman664
09-10-2004, 08:27 PM
your right, and I am still upset at myself for this call. My biggest leak is playing big starting hands for a big raise with flops that I conclude must have missed everyone, when in fact it didnt. I was actually behind in this hand against BOTH players. Maniac 1 had 73o, maniac 2 had 74o. Turn and river were blanks. Nice $800+ pot for the monster 74o.