PDA

View Full Version : How has Party 2/4 been for you lately?

NoTalent
09-10-2004, 12:45 PM
/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Wow! I have to say that these games are quite great! It seems like the last few weeks have brought out more crazies to the tables. Played with a guy who lost $60 in 30 minutes saying it was the first time he played. I lost AA twice to the same guy (within 45 minutes) because he called me all the way down with the monsters 76o and J2o. I can't wait to get home tonight and play some more!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can take some amazing beats, but the play more than makes up for it. Cold-calling with K5s? Always! Re-raising with J7s! Sure thing! Call down with middle pair? You bet! I hope others are taking advantage /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dfscott
09-10-2004, 01:04 PM
It just seems like random gambling for me since I never know if someone is raising like crazy with 76s or limping with AA. When it's impossible to put people on hands, it becomes probabilities based only on the board and your cards, so the variance is nuts (much worse than .5/1, which really surprises me).

I've only been playing about 50 hrs/3K hands, so I'm sure Sample Size Man will bust me, but it's been quite the ride to this point.

Edit: I wonder if my problem is table selection?

scotnt73
09-10-2004, 01:36 PM
the variance is huge. the profit is awesome. if you worry about the swings it will be hard for you. i came up through 1/2 6 max so variance doesnt bother me anymore.

dfscott
09-10-2004, 01:39 PM
I think the fact that I practically skipped .5/1 and 1/2 (I blew through them really fast) meant that I never got comfortable with the amount of money flying around. Being up or down $100 was a big deal, but it's not really so big at 2/4.

I wish there was a PP setting that said "show all currency amounts in BB."

JinX11
09-10-2004, 01:42 PM
I've noticed the same thing since August really.... Definitely much easier than $3/$6, $5/$10, which is where I used to play.

Combination of bad players and a likely good run of cards has me hitting at 6+ BB/100 for the past 5K hands. Variance through the roof, though...(18BB/100) - I'll take it, though. Now I see why everyone impressed the need to play within your bankroll....

Cheers,
J

NoTalent
09-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Yes def the variance is large. I am playing super tight (~26% seeing the flop including blinds) and it is working for me. It's amazing how I can fold for 3 orbits, and all the same people are at the table and when I raise pre-flop I still get 6 callers. No one really pays attention lol.