PDA

View Full Version : Clark's Flush Theorem or something -

Sarge85
09-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.70 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

Am I playing way to wild?

My thoughts -
ATs is enough to raise in on this table.
Flop Check raise - somewhat debateable I suppose. I'm probably not going to pick this up with a raise, based on passed actions of the table - does that take merit out of the raise? But I think with this hand HU, with this board, a CR is a stronger move and required.
Turn - Follow Through...
River - See Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&amp;Entry=27812&amp;F_Board=smallholdem &amp;Thread=791113&amp;partnumber=1&amp;postmarker=)

I'll post results later as they are somewhat interesting...

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Alexthegreat
09-10-2004, 01:58 PM
I like this hand much more if you hold a Queen instead of a Ten.....The theorem is applied to hands that are more than likely best UNTIL the 4 flush hits.....he almost certainly has the best hand here.....

Check raising a blank on the turn is a better spot for trying to take it down uncontested...(more money, less outs...etc...)

Sarge85
09-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Villian turns over black 8's - and I'm still trying to think how I could have done more to win that hand.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Brian
09-10-2004, 04:31 PM
The most debatable part about this hand is not the River bet but the Flop check-raise. Why are you check-raising this Flop? I've seen worse Flops versus the pre-Flop 3-bettor but not many. Is he a LAG?

[EDIT]: NM last comment.

-Brian

MVicuna
09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi,

If you wanted to win this hand uncontested you need to only raise preflop with AA-99/AK and only bet scarey board when you have the goods.

Other then that, if your going to raise with ATs and CR with middle pair, you are going to get called down. This is a "Good Thing". You will get middle pairs calling you down when they would fold against an ABC/weak-tight player. This means more money for you!

Any time the winning hand doesn't raise me, I feel I've made money. He's going to have just 1 pair almost all the other times and your going to have the over pair of the flush more then he hits his set.

Be happy, you have a new customer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later,
MarkV.