PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Resilient

Toro
09-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Yankees lose to Cleveland twenty something to nothing, worst defeat in history. They lose another game with Brown pitching and he breaks his hand in frustration. Their front office makes assses of themselves with Tampa forfeitgate, looking like they are panicking and begging for victories. All of this occurring while the Red Sox are on an incredible run of near historic proportions.

But they didn't win all those titles for nothing and they've shown remarkable resiliency. This is going to be a dog fight Red Sox fans.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2004, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Their front office makes assses of themselves with Tampa forfeitgate, looking like they are panicking and begging for victories.

[/ QUOTE ] The MLB and the Players union are the cause of this, not the Yankees.

How about those M's??
Madritsch dominates the Beantown lineup!

andyfox
09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Still too early to tell about the Yankees. It was, after all, Tampa Bay, in the midst of an eleven game losing streak. The Angels' two one-run losses to Toronto were big for the Yankees in that they picked up 2 games on Anaheim: i.e., 2 games closer to making the play-offs.

I caught a little of Mussina yesterday and his pitches has some bite to them that I haven't seen all year. Granted, again, it was Tampa Bay, but if he starts to pitch well, that would be, needless to say, a major plus. As someone has pointed out on this forum in another thread, it's a bit frightening to consider that their ace is El Duque.