PDA

View Full Version : Nice job last night, Indy Chokers

Easy E
09-10-2004, 09:24 AM
How much of a head case will this team be after blowing that game?

And I'm betting the loud-mouthed kicker won't be insulting any teammates THIS season.

Nice job, Colts.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 11:19 AM
I think the kicker can easily blame Manning for taking a sack to push him out of his range. You simply have to throw the ball away there. That a 3 redzone turnovers including one from the one yard line and one from the 5 are to blame.

Easy E
09-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I think the kicker can easily blame Manning for taking a sack to push him out of his range. You simply have to throw the ball away there.
Disagree- Manning was lucky to keep the ball, after not seeing the guy until the last minute. Something was either called wrong on that play (no coverage for a backside blitz) or someone screwed up (with either a missed "blitz!" warning or a missed assignment- the guy just BLEW in there!)

Besides, "Mr. Perfect since 2002" can only make chip-shots and indoor field goals?

"That a 3 redzone turnovers including one from the one yard line and one from the 5 are to blame.
Yes, that was the choking part I referenced, not the field goal miss.... and the headcase result. A really really bad game to blow at the beginning of the season

billyjex
09-11-2004, 05:04 AM
A 48-yard field goal is not automatic for any kicker. He JUST missed it also.. a 35 yarder would have been automatic for Vanderjagt.

They should have just kicked it before the play where Manning took the sack. A 35 yarder is easy for the kicker, and they had been dominating the Patriots offensively so they could probably win easy in OT.

Easy E
09-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Again, it never should have come down to that field goal

JohnShaft
09-11-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again, it never should have come down to that field goal

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not, but they lost AT the Reigning Superbowl Champions. I don't really get what the big deal is?
The Pats *should* have won this game.

Talking trash on the Colts for losing at the SB Champs in Week 1 is just dumb.

Easy E
09-11-2004, 04:44 PM
If you'd watched the game (Manning's dumb throw on the one, another fumble on the goal line) you wouldn't have said that

Jurollo
09-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Who cares about Indy? My pats won their 16th in a row!! I am going to gloat as much as possible due to a) the sox not winning a title since '08, b)C's are a joke, and c) the B's arent going to play. Just wait when the Sox win the title, i will never shut up, well once i sober up!

craig r
09-11-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sox not winning a title since '08

[/ QUOTE ]

1918, not 1908. And i wouldn't be too cocky yet. And I am a boston fan.

craig

anatta
09-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Brady made some sick passes, but that is becoming his norm. New England also had that muffed punt, Brady threw a 4th Quarter INT, and HE took a sack on 3rd down after a stupid delay of game penalty on 2nd and 4. If the Pats convert this 2nd down, the game is over as they have it 1st n 10 at colts 40 and can run out clock.

So you see, all this, "shouldn't have been close, Colts out played, blah, blah"...who can really say?? The Pats did enough and got lucky enough to win. They seem to do this a lot, but come playoffs, it could go the other way.

JohnShaft
09-12-2004, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you'd watched the game (Manning's dumb throw on the one, another fumble on the goal line) you wouldn't have said that

[/ QUOTE ]

I _heard_ the entire game. Sadly that's about all I get to do this side of the pond, bar about a game a week, if I'm lucky.

I still think you're being too hard on the Colts though, and even on Manning.
It's like theirs a whole "Manning is overated" backlash lately, and I don't get why. You really think the Colts would have a mad explosive offense without him?
Even with Harrison and James, I certainly don't.

Quite simply the Pats, on home turf, should have WON this game. The Colts lost it, but even that's no real biggie at this point.
They have the mojo over them at Foxboro. S**t happens.

The Colts have plenty more fight in them. I just wish Dungy could do what he's famous for, and give them an honest to god D.