PDA

View Full Version : Sudden bet on turn

Peter
09-10-2004, 08:10 AM
I used to get scared when I was suddenly bet into on the turn while I had raised preflop and bet the flop with top pair. After reading Ed Millers book, I understand that it usually means they don't have a big hand yet, because because they would have tried a checkraise most of the time.
So this hand is pretty standard as it played out, right?
What if you get 3bet on the turn, you call down?

Thanks,
Peter

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Peter is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Peter raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Peter bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Peter raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Peter bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Zele
09-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Looks good.

If you get 3-bet, call down.

Guido
09-10-2004, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading Ed Millers book, I understand that it usually means they don't have a big hand yet, because because they would have tried a checkraise most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif Don't tell me you didn't know this before...

Hand seems very standard for me...

Guido

DKNY
09-10-2004, 08:57 AM
looks good, pretty standard stuff. SB's stop and go doesn't mean much. Yeah, call down if you get 3-bet. Only time I would consider folding is if the opponent is super passive calling station and then wakes up.