PDA

View Full Version : Some small blind completions and questions about flop play

Peter
09-10-2004, 07:55 AM
Probably pretty standard for most of you, but since I just started playing 6-max, I'm not sure:

The hands are from 1 session, BB is loose passive.

Four handed, button limps, I complete A9o. Good, bad?
Flop: Th, 5h, 8h
I have no heart, what's your plan?

Four limpers, I complete Ac6h, BB raises, everybody calls. Good, bad?
Flop: Qs, Ad, Ts
What's your plan?

3. 2 limpers, I complete Ad6s, BB checks. Good, bad?
Flop: 2d, Ad, Tc
What's your plan?

4. 2 limpers, I complete KTo. Good, bad?
Flop: KQ4r
What's your plan?

5. 1 limper, I complete 94s. Good, bad?

Thanks,
Peter

Guido
09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Hand 1: With a loose BB I complete, else I might raise. Because the BB is loose I probably check-fold the flop. Else I might take a stab.

Hand 2: I probably fold preflop but sometimes complete. I think I would check and see what happens. He was passive and when you see a bet and a raise you have an easy fold. If there is no raise, I call too. When he bets and nobody calls, I call and check-call the turn too and bet the river.

Hand 3: I would ask for a new deck...

Hand 4: I limp and bet out.

Hand 5: Bad

Thanks,

Guido

naphand
09-10-2004, 02:16 PM
HAND 1: Agree with Guido. Very oppponent specific, limp cannot be bad here, you could easily have teh best A.

HAND 2: I cannot stomach check/calling all the way here, I bet out and gauge what to do on later streets from BB's response. You are out of position against BB, any callers to a raise from BB and I really don't like my hand much any more. If BB raises with a lot of hands, I CR the bugger...

HAND 3: I probably CR this flop. I might bet out against a bunch of apssives if there is a reasonable risk of it getting checked round. I'm not sure what kind of draw I have with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif n my pocket and A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the board... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

HAND 4: Agree with Guido - bet out here.

HAND 5: Yuk.

Peter
09-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the responses. I think I did most of the things you two advised.
Hand 2 I bet out, got raised and called the raise after a CC. I checkfolded the turn.
In hand 3 the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in my hand magically changed in some other A after another A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hit the board.

Peter

Peter_rus
09-11-2004, 10:43 AM
1. Raise. Bet out flop. Fold to a raise but not always.

2. I would fold this PF. If i misclicked and complete and BB raises all these limpers i fold this again. If i see a flop with 4 limpers andd BB who raised PF i would bet out this flop and see what's happened.

3. Fold this PF. C/r the flop inducing bluff from button or middle pairs to bet.

4. I complete here. Also c/r flop.

5. Borderline i guess. And if BB isn't agressive much.